Trouble with midi and ableton

Hello,
I am having a problem where I am trying to use midi clips in ableton to trigger envelopes controlling certain parameters on the digitakt. My problem is that even when these midi clips contain no midi notes and only midi cc sound is still triggered on each track as though I had pressed it on the digitakt. Very annoying! I just don’t know what to do. I hope my explanation makes sense I would appreciate any help.

Welcome to the club…

I am not really sure what you are describing but I am wondering if you might have recorded something in the Arrangement view in Ableton accidentally which triggers those notes? I have done that several times and it really confused me…

Otherwise maybe try to explain a little more :slight_smile:

1 Like

thankyou for your reply. basically i am trying to use ableton to fade in two tracks on the digitakt by launching midi clips containing no actual midi notes just envelopes set to the volume of each track however when i play these clips the respective tracks on the digitakt are triggered. There is nothing in the arrangement view i dont know whats going on!