Trouble with Midi Sync (Live 9 and Elektron Machinedrum)

[table][tr][td]4:01 am
[td][table][tr][td]Hello all,
Having a problem here since recently upgrading to Live 9.For some reason the midi sync seems to be off slightly when syncing my Machinedrum to Live in certain projects.I have it working fine when I create a new project but for some strange reason there have been 2 other Live projects where the sync is off?Cannot get my head around why??I have the midi sync delay set to -30 and the track and sync buttons selected for the outs of my audio interface.
What could be causing this?Oh and I am on Live 9.1 if that is important to know.
Would like to get to the bottom of this!Any help much appreciated!
-Chris

Edit* after testing some more older projects it seems some sync fine at -30 and others do not!But whenever creating a new live set they will always sync fine at -30.Very strange!Never had these issues in Live 8.Also in Live 8 the midi sync delay was set to -39 not -30.[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

I copied and posted this from the Ableton forum…exuse whatever whacky stuff above also copied in heh

Most likely, you have CPU intensive plug ins open in certain sessions, but not in the others.

For example, when I have Ozone Imager and maximizer on a few tracks, my sync is all out of whack.

Turning them off does not always fix it either, I hava to actually get rid of them. Ableton offers latency compensation, but that does not mean that it’s perfect in that department, far from it, in fact.
Cheers !

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply Secretmusic!That does make sense as I was seeming to have the most issues when running along side a VST synth.
I managed to get the sync issue sorted (for the most part!works 99% of the time now) by using one of Abletons external instrument devices to play the MD.Prior to this I was just recording/playing the MD on an audio track with the proper outs selected.I hope this is something Ableton will look into fixing for a future update.I did not have this problem in live 8!
-Chris

Think I have just come up with a solution!When the sync issues appear with problem files unselect delay compensation under the options menu and the sync appears to be back in time!
-Chris

yes, it’s definitely shifty…unfortunately .
glad you found a way around it :slight_smile:
cheers !

Lemme know if this fix works for you!
-Chris

will do, setting up a new studio at the moment so it will be a few days :slight_smile:

Very nice!!If you do turn it off to record make sure to select it back on when your done.Otherwise it seems to throw off the timing of other VST’s!
-Chris