Twisted Electrons Blastbeats

12 days ago I sent an email to twisted electrons with my problem. No answer… Very disappointed. At the end, I’ve returned the unit and it’s been repaired. I Hope it arrives soon, but seeing the no answer from TE I don’t know…

Yeah, Alex sometimes takes time to reply, but he always does - in my experience at least.

1 Like

I totally support small companies like TE. I have the MegaFM and I’m very happy with it. I guess that if it’s a small company they will have a lot of work to do… But I find strange that 12 days had passed and no answer. I hope everything it’s ok for TE. Polyend and dreadbox for example had answer very very fast… But I’ve returned the unit…

1 Like

I think it’s basically a one man company.

Alex replied to me this morning, apologizing for a 3 month silence.

It seems everything is going all right and he got things done with the BB. He sent me a preliminary FW, before official release (unfortunately no list of new features/bug fixes yet), and a first version of the web-based tool. So far it covers MIDI note mapping for drums, audio output routing, MIDI channel assignments, and start-up menu options (safe envelopes, faster fall, quantize and metronome)

2 Likes

One man company!! I guess that He is a very busy man … All the best for TE and waiting for my BB. Thank you very much for the firmware and application info!!

1 Like

FW 2.2 is live, woohoo!

https://www.twistedelectrons.com/blastbeats

At last, you can copy and transpose individual steps :slight_smile:

And clone kits across banks

And there’s this browser-based editor as well

(I haven’t tried any of that yet, will do tonight)

4 Likes

I have too many sequencers to remember how to use therefore lately I’ve just been sequencing blastbeats with polyend tracker

3 Likes

And how it’s working? Do you need a unique midi channel for each instruments in BB?

I had been sequencing it with the 1010music BlackBox - which has a pretty solid sequencer now - intending to “print” the sequences into the sequencer of the BlastBeats once I’m done editing them on the BlackBox (as long as they are not longer than 64 steps).

Now, with the much welcome ability to change the notes of steps and copy them, it is going to be much easier to work directly on the BlastBeats - and take advantage of its own sequencing goodies (stutter, bend, freeze, etc.)

Now you can also set the notes of the drum tracks, I’m also considering using the BlastBeats to sequence my drum machine (Nanobox Razzmatazz) and take advantage of the aforementioned sequencing features for beats :partying_face:

2 Likes

By default, synths 1 to 4 are controlled by (and control) MIDI channels 1 to 4, and the drum tracks by MIDI channel 10.

But you can change these MIDI channels if you prefer.

(Sorry, maybe that was not the meaning of your question?)

1 Like

Took me a while to figure out as it’s well documented that drums are on channel 10, so I was looking for issues elsewhere only to find the drums on my blastbeats were channel 16 :joy:

1 Like

Turning out well, I love trackers and due to the blastbeats old fm sound they are a great pairing

2 Likes

Those two just belongs together hahaha.

1 Like

Thanks both. It’s weird not be able to change notes o copy paste notes in a sequencer. I think it’s a must have.

LXR02 doest have a copy paste notes, for example. For me it’s essential. And the pitch of the steps.

I don’t like to use external sequencers in a machine if that machine have his own sequencer.

Is there any information about de new features??
My blast beats arrive on wednesday

Here is the change log since the last version:

• New Features -
    New configuration Tool twistedelectrons.com/tool
    Synth steps can be copy/pasted and individually transposed
    Kits can be cloned from one bank to another
    MIDI note numbers of drum parts can be redefined
3 Likes

Kit cloning across banks is also really welcome

Organizing projects gathering parts from different songs/banks used to be a massive headache

Thank you very very much!

1 Like

Er, there are still some glitches with FW 2.2, hopefully Alex will iron it out soon

1 Like

I have not encountered them yet, if anything mine seems more stable so far. What kind of issues have you experienced?

When transposing a step up (pressing Function), you would get out of step mode into function mode

Copy-paste works at first, but after a while it doesn’t any more - on my machine at least (Alex could not reproduce this one - could it come from my project?)

Anyway, I’m in touch with Alex and he’s currently working on a new update :slight_smile:

1 Like