Twisted Electrons MEGAfm

Naturally

Cobaltā€¦ blueā€¦ really good lookingā€¦ steel?

I mean come on, its all there. Ditch the FM man, youve got loads of that alreadyā€¦ time for some (Cobalt) Blue Steel

1 Like

That rather nice commercial they made for the Megafm has been pulled from youtube, though you can still order one on their site. Must be hard to keep up with demand, but to not at least send out a cookie cutter email/tweet saying when they expect to have more synths ready is really irresponsible.

2 Likes

I think this might have made my mind upā€¦

Spider sense is tingling, think Iā€™m gonna move on and try and get a Cobalt instead.

1 Like

mind to share?
Any hint on his situation?

So the situation will be this:
Production might stop or go on with delays.
Used market wonā€™t be an option due to the questionable build quality that seems to vary from model to model. People wont bet on a potentially faulty unit without the option to return it.
The brand owner doesnā€™t look ready for a bigger scale business (didnā€™t even put a ā€œsold outā€ tag on his website) so we can only hope heā€™ll slowly catch up to the orders before this FM fever goes down

Iā€™ve emailed Thomann.
Iā€™m officially out of the race.

Sorted.
images (10)

1 Like

Smooth.

Cobalt8M should be with me some time next week.

Nice one. Start drinking cider, brizzle synf innit mind.

2 Likes

I have ordered the Korg Opsix. I know itā€™s a very different synth sound but I think it will be able to do some of the same dirty, crisp and very wide patches that I liked from the MegaFM - and so much more of course.

I feel a little bad, because Iā€™m a real FM convert and the MegaFM sounded right up my street but thereā€™s just one too many alarm bells ringing in my head about it right now.

Hopefully they will sort out whatever is causing the supply issues and get all the units out. Maybe Iā€™ll have another look at it in a year or so.

3 Likes

yep, iā€™m really bummed out that it didnā€™t work out. luckily got a response now with a full refund, so all good in the end. kinda.

1 Like

Well the deal is he needs help. Iā€™m the first one to fly off the handle when itā€™s my money. Iā€™ve been trying hard not to bash the guy. Iā€™m an innate asshole. Itā€™s really tough for me to have patience. But he did finally respond. Heā€™s overwhelmed with orders.

He was always helpful when I had some issues with my Acid 8. It has some quirks, which I suspect this thing might as well. Hopefully itā€™s usable without too many issues. Watch the Thomman video and youā€™ll be convinced of the potential. I watched the Cuckoo video. All that guy does is beeps and boops, not my style. I like dirt and this video captures it.

3 Likes

Canā€™t watch that video. The constant cuts to the Victorian Gentlemanā€™s sex face put me right off.

9 Likes

He looks like heā€™s one of the guys in Rammsteinā€™s ā€œDu Hastā€ video. Could have sworn he was German until I unmuted the video.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing. I love the synth and agree, not the way Cuckoo uses it. I think Iā€™ll wait, there is nothing else I want in my affordable range at the moment

Tapped out after 20 seconds. Heā€™s fooling no one.
Waistcoat with short sleeves?
Almost as irritating that Daedalus fellow or what ever his name was.

3 Likes

Fashion police are brutal, geeeeeeez.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not bothered about his atire.

Itā€™s the editing that makes him look like heā€™s enjoying the MegaFM to ā€œcompletionā€ that Iā€™m struggling with.

2 Likes