Twisted Electrons MEGAfm

I have the green pcb version, I spoke with Kasser recently and the newer models will be able to accept the new update that’s in the pipeline. Really cool kat, definitely a small company to watch and support, he’s working on some really cool projects that I wish I could share details about, but if your into dirty fm that won’t kill your pocket book, Kasser is worth supporting.

1 Like

I’ve tested deflemask next to my GenMDM both running into my OT audio in / it’s exact sega chip synthesis ! But it lacks the warmth from the model 1 output which is a constant hum or buzz sound to an experienced Chiptuna. But yeah sounds real good swi my deflemask over time sega arcade chip instead of Mega drive.

1 Like

Hello ! I was deemed the 4th person to use DefMon with c64 hardware by goto80 ! I have the defmon midi device it clocks rytm and OT pretty well but can only be master and my c64 in need of an upgrade so I get crashes from time to time.

1 Like

Defmon is by far the most powerful c64 tracker / works great with an SD card reader floppy drive hardware.

1 Like

Loved to see some pics of this set up…I use two minty SammichSids, but I’ve been considering a c64 side set up

1 Like

I’ll have to bust it out and make a new track I did one already but my defmon midi device sync settings were kinda wack I had the tracker at weird bpm setting lol . But I can definantly do ringmod there will Def be lots of ringmod MON ! Pun intended. (Got a picture of the setup somewhere ) we’ll have to make a new thread for c64 and elektron gear! I’ll be happy to halp anybody, setting up a file browser on a SD card reader can be tedious !

2 Likes

Fuk’n brilliant! I’m about it

Cool. I got the C64 with the defMON midi sync card/converter as well and SD reader.

2 Likes

Slightly off-topic, but could you imagine how cool a special edition of the Digitone with 4 YM2612 FM chips would be??

I would love the Digitone so much more if Elektron did this.

10 Likes

Great idea, might as well add analog filters and analog drives while they’re at it!

3 Likes

big time :open_hands::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Anatone? Yamaha sound chips, DN workflow with Analog heat filters/ features.

4 Likes

that be cool but digitone is pretty close to sega as it is if your coming from using a GeMDM since 2012 like me :slight_smile: but it does lack that 4 OP control , the digitone only has two level operator control where the sega has 4 op level , and on the digitone you can get some undesirable effects from modulating A/B levels, on the sega thats where the true streets of rage magic happens ! modulate everything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, this is the KASSER synths team.

We have been reading these threads talking about the DAFM synth and we would like to clarify the topic about the green PCBs.

The DAFM Synth is a product in continuous development and we are always including new features, thanks sometimes to the incalculable feedback of our customers. We are currently working on the inclusion of several features like MIDI CC messages, in order to control all the parameters of the YM2612 / YM3438 chips with the computer. Others like portamento, glide and pitch bend range selection will be included in following firmware reviews.

Until now, all firmware updates could fit in the microcontroller memory and were sent to customers if requested. But for the versions we are working on, a larger capacity microcontroller is necessary.

We have done some tests with a larger capacity microcontroller using green PCBs. Once tested, we have sold the PBCs that we were not going to need. From there come the rumours or messages in the forum about larger capacities of green PCBs.

As there are several users who have told us the same thing, we have decided to do the following until the new firmware version is available. All DAFM Synths sold as of today will be able to be easily updated by the user to the new version if requested. This will be so regardless of the color of the chosen PCB.

If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to contact us in our Tindie Store ( https://www.tindie.com/stores/kassersynths/ ) or Instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/kassersynths/ )

11 Likes

Getting back on topic about the MEGAfm I just saw this on their FB page again in reply to someone (not me) :

“it was originally not intended to be multitimbral, dedicating both chips to the 12voice polyphonic performance, but I’ll def. consider a patch per chip if the demand is high

So let him know if you want this. I’ve sent a message in support of at least making it two parts :slight_smile:

13 Likes

would be great to have the option

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, I was one of the people bugging you on Instagram I guess :sweat_smile:

In that case I’ll be getting a murdered out black one!

I hit up their FB page and asked for multitimbral. I don’t know why there couldn’t at least be a bitimbral mode, seems like a serious no-brainer, the ability is already built into the chip!

I also asked about the ability to use channel 6 in WAV mode like with genMDM, does anyone else know if this supports it?

Even though I may not get the Megafm, I still requested multi timbral support on their Facebook page.

11 Likes

Yes!!! I’m a buyer if they add multitimbral support.

2 Likes