Two Lone Swordsmen

Aside from being a fantastic name that makes me smile for some reason I really enjoy their electronic sparing. Would you say that the Two Lone Swordsmen is the very best of Weatherall’s work? And who is the other guy? I know it’s not Robespierre as he was French…

5 Likes
2 Likes

That’s none other than Radioactive Man!

4 Likes

Tenniswood is quite the last name! Is he from a family of tennis racquet makers? I will check out his work as well. Sad how young Weatherall died looking it up now it was a pulmonary embolism. Seems like I read about a lot of people passing away at a youngish age from that.

Some recommended Radioactive Man tracks:

Uranium
Airlock
Pieces of Eight
'Ave That
Night Bus to Nowhere

He’s an Elektron user as well I think.

1 Like

I briefly skipped through the self titled album and really dig it. Gonna give it a full listen in the car later.

Actually, the Tenniswood name has an interesting history:

1 Like

:heart: Two Lone Swordsmen was always on repeat throughout my electronic awakening and my favourite formation of Weatherall…

4 Likes

Tiny Reminders was a beauty.

5 Likes

oh Radioactive Man’s latest Sonicus Croniclus Vol 2 needs a shout out too.
Lovely 808 goodness.

2 Likes

i love gay spunk

1 Like

Yes mate - it’s sick!

Radioactive Man! Love this dude. Have lots of his vinyl from the late 90s early 2000s.

He must be the driving force behind 2LS.

Either Tenniswood was using Weatherall to get some press or Weatherall was using Tenniswood to get some credibility.

Never been sure which?

the above is quite an ill-informed statement.

they seemed like mates who enjoyed making great tunes and djing/playing live together. wouldn’t try to read any more into it than that.

still one of the best electro mixes in existance…

5 Likes

Only really fell for them when they went dark on The Double Gone Chapel. That album kinda crystallizes my musical ambitions. That and Add (N) To X.

Filthy rock’n’roll made partially with synths. Just the way I love it.

5 Likes

I used to loooove breezeblock mixes way back then. Thanks for the reminder.

Recently I stumbled across an internet radio station called wefunk that had a lot of nice rare groove stuff on it. I used to download massive sets and put it on minidisc!

Makes me realise how much is lost by listening mainly to Spotify.

And back on topic, radioactive man is top notch, and Weatherall a legend.

2 Likes

:crossed_swords:

1 Like

I just can’t stop listening to this record.
It seems so simple, but everything in it is really magical.

Yeah, it always sounded pretty inspired by Drexciya to me and their stuff tends to have a similar quality.

Both groups liked their aquatic themes as well!

Ah the days of struggling to stay awake until 2am on a Wednesday night to press record on the minidisc :+1:

I only ever had this release by two lone swordsman and loved it A Virus With Shoes | Two Lone Swordsmen | Warp Records

1 Like

happily, a few of the TLS DJ shows on Groovetech internet radio have been preserved