UAD Native plugins

Might be of interest. Did a search and couldn’t see it mentioned elsewhere.

I know a few people who swear by the DSP plugins. Not sure I’m in the market for these though.

Edit: I think (needs verifying), if you have the DSP plugin, you get access to the native version for free.

Same, I know many who swear by these.

I’ve got too much overlap with PA, IK Multimedia, Softube and other 1-offs.

My biggest interest was the Studer A800, but I see the IK Tape Machine 80 holds its own against it (even though it’s CPU heavy). I’ve loved Softube’s Tape for a long time, but I’m planning to put the IK one to work for a while.

I was definitely interested after getting rid of Waves (won’t run without a WUP renewal that I didn’t want to buy). There’s still some missing plugins from my Waves stuff, but I think I’ll survive without them.

I find them quite expensive. If they ever bring on reasonable sales I might grad 1 or 2, but I don’t really need them.

I actually think they did this too late.

1 Like

I have UAD Spark and I can say that Studer A800 is so amazing. The tape saturation on that one is so nice! I have it on the master and drive it hard in my latest project. You can test it with Spark 14 day trail. It’s really light on the CPU as well.
I also love the API 2500.

1 Like

I’ve seen it in action and always drooled over it. I did the 3 month sub for $1, but never got around to testing any of it, ultimately deciding I didn’t want “more.” Also the IK one is supposedly on par, or better depending who you speak to, where you read, or what videos you watch on YT.

The API is one of my now missing Waves tools. I replaced it with the unlicensed PA one from Lindell Audio. Not sure if it will do the trick or not, but I’m hopeful.

1 Like