UDO Audio Super 6 Binaural Synth

They might of found a nice sweet spot for a analog poly desktop. Should be way cheaper than the Sequential P5. At least I’m hoping.

I guess I’m in a minority of 1 here in thinking that’s kinda fugly.

It looks likes a panel from a 1980s electronic home organ. Sorry.
Great sounding synth though :slight_smile:

Someone corrected me on that before. Not pure analog. FPGA, but lovely sounding all the same.

Yeah, but the controls on my Super 6 always seem a bit too spread out. I’ll be on one side, then need to look down to the other side, which is a long reach if I’m leaning the other way. I wonder if the fugly might feel more comfortable. Given that its keyboard offers no advantage compared to what I already have (and will have—people know what I mean here), S6KB getting swapped out for an S6DT might be desirable, though I doubt I’d take the trouble and accept the financial hit from the transaction costs. I wonder if UDO will add polychain…

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/8Ss9bhybQ2A

They only have 6 subscribers :cry:

What’s the price? £1500 I’d guess?

I think the YT channel is brand new with that first teaser video.

super6-desktop3

6 Likes

VESA mount is soo awesome… more manufacturers should do that!

6 Likes

Yeah, then you suddenly have a pretty much unlimited amount of space :smiley:

Love the new colour scheme but dislike the bottom row of buttons being so close to the bottom edge. I spoke to Curry Cases about the forthcoming Octatrack case and we talked about headroom for the sequencer buttons. Hes’ now adding a pad at the bottom as its not ergonomic with your wrists at an angle to have low placed buttons. Just a small point for some but a lot to others.

2 Likes

This new “spacedesktop” standard probably started by Waldorf Iridium is strange.

Is it really comfy to have it on the table or in rack or vertically standing (like ms20 panel)?

Would not mind to have this S6 + Waldorf M + Iridium standing next to each other and controlled via one long 88 keys keyboard: )

1 Like

Reminds me in some way to a tr909 , shape etc.

VESA mount … isn’t that just putting 4screw holes in the right place ? … but yes should be more widespread.

I’d guess £1700

Interested in this one as well, although a different synth compared to the Waldorf ‘M’ I really like
the looks and it’s sound. See also my other post Waldorf M - #150 by AlienInterference

Maybe I have to get rid of the KORG XD Module and Roland SE02. Also skip synths like the Korg Wavestate, Korg Opsix from my wishlist. Save up some money and buy both the UDO an Waldorf ‘M’ to cover a whole lot of sounds. It’s just a question of which one to buy first. Think I am better of with a couple of high quality good looking and sounding synths then a bunch of other cheaper synths, less is more as they say, but then still regarding high quality and good looking and sounding synths, still a lot to choose from :loopy:

2 Likes

Sonic State video https://youtu.be/Fvt8HxnFc5c

£1949….ooof

GAS leaked

5 Likes

Wow that is pricy…

Firmware is not polished and has been neglected for a while. Now I know why. Release finished products and then move on.

2 Likes

Come on dude, you know that’s not how it is, what a cynical viewpoint. UDO is cool, small company, very likely they are working on both firmware and this new version of the hardware (which will share firmware with the keys version) simultaneously. Eye roll.

5 Likes

I ve owned super 6 over a year and a half. Firmware is buggy, no usb midi, list goes on. Do you own one my cynical friend?

I’m not saying the firmware doesn’t have bugs, I’m commenting on your viewpoint regarding the attitude of the company and their priorities. I said nothing cynical so I’m not sure why you’re branding me as one. Your comment won’t age well when the inevitable firmware update is released that addresses the bugs you mentioned. Let’s move on.

5 Likes

So you dont own one?