UK VAT and Import Duty from Europe [GR-1 from NL]

Hey chaps, anyone ordered a GR-1 from the Netherlands?

I know there will be 20% UK VAT, but 21% NL VAT is discounted on the website, so that all evens out.

What I’m wondering is what the Import Duty is likely to be on a 790 Euro (before VAT) synth?

Cheers chaps

I am a chap so I shall answer! I believe it’s somewhere between 3-4% last I checked, quick Google indicates 3.2% for synths, which sounds about right.

Oh OK thats way better than I expected! Thank you Nate, you truly are a Chap

Is chaps considered non-gendered in the UK, like ‘guys’ has become in large parts of the world?

Nah, chaps is definitely male and a little bit posh. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Source: born and raised in the United Kingdom.

1 Like

I bought a couple of things early on from the EU and yeah, the duty/fees are not too massive.

As long as the paperwork is all filled in right and you’re not paying EU VAT you should be golden

2 Likes

A quick update.

I’m in the UK and ordered a Black GR-1 direct from Tasty Chips.

I had to pay an additional £165 Import/Customs/Clearance Fees.

1 Like

Is that the brexit dividend?

Yep!

But as mentioned in the original post the NL VAT was taken away when i ordered, so i suppose i ended up paying pretty much what i had budgeted for.

Ive had a good few things come though with 0 customs etc…the brexit dividend working great for me lol

1 Like

uggh. this has really boiled my piss this week.

A couple of weeks ago I finally managed to snag the last Verbos Electronics module I wanted to complete my system - Random Sampling… they’ve been unobtainium for months.

Dealt with a lovely guy in Germany, price was ok, good to deal with. he got it out to me from him in just over 24 hours.
Well over a week elapsed - I finally managed to track it down - it was sat in the depot just down the motorway from me : I had to wait for a letter ( not an email or text …) outlining the fees I had to pay before Parcel Force could finally deliver it.

£99.40. £99.40 in fucking VAT & duties on a second hand module. That’s actually made it considerably more expensive then buying one new. I mean, I’ve paid for the luxury of getting one now, not in 2 months or whenever stock finally lands from Verbos…but really…!

Fuck Brexit.

2 Likes