Ultimate Bassline Weapon

SH101
DFAM
Sub37
MS20
Lyra 8
Monotribe
Just about any sample through some OT filters and what not.

So yeah… bass is easy…

2 Likes

Vermona Perfourmer mk2
so easy to get rich bass sound and Im just talking about 1 of those 4 voices
here is a sample,just a simple jam,bass/lead melodies from ableton
just 2 P4mer’s voices,mostly only twisting the lfo/filter knobs
TR8 beat added later

3 Likes

Ah yes, regarding bass I totally get that.
I interpreted it as a general „better“

Roland System 100, TB-303 or the Minimoog

This!

Erica DB-01 is my fav.

9 Likes

A couple I overlooked (prob because they’re both sat in the ‘to be fixed’ pile) but when they were working both the Realistic MG1 and Kawai 110F could rattle the windows with the best of them. The MG was my go to bass synth for a while until the keyer circuitry went bad.

I keep casting an eye toward the Subsequent 37 as the closest I’ve now got to the Moog sound I’d my B Model D. Sounds great to my ears but I do like what I’ve seen and heard of the Subsequent.

1 Like

So many amazing and capable choices these days in both hardware and software, but current fav’s:

Sequential Pro-3
Avalon Bassline

Past:

SE ATC-X

MFB Nanozwerg anyone?

That’s sick!

1 Like

Anything with a keytrackable HPF. So far, my favourites for this are the Digitone and Monomachine. Most of my bass sounds for them have high resonance HPFs that track on the fundamental frequency, or an octave below. Really adds some warmth and depth to even the glassiest sounds.

3 Likes

I typically use either a Moog Minitaur, A4, or Fender Jazz bass.

2 Likes

Gain staging. Since only one voice is being output the signal didn’t doesn’t be attenuated (like the P6 requires to be able to play all 6 voices together) so the same sound on the AS-1 sounds bigger and fuller. I’ve had both but never together at the same time, but someone did a demo comparing them b2b and the difference was noticeable.

1 Like

Recently.

Moog Grandmother - I often add in 3rd OSC by patching the Modulation Wave Out to the Noise In in the Mixer, set it to Sine, tune the Mod Rate to taste, adjust the Filter Cutoff, and then… SUPER DEEP ANALOG BASS. LIKE SHAKE THE WALLS DEEP.

2 Likes

I have a real hard time dialing in anything decent with the octatrack. Do you have any tips?

The SH2 engine does sound really really good for basses. I agree.

1 Like

Have you tried just tweaking the filter in live record? Env up.

try Moog one

+1 for Digitone!