Ultimate Bassline Weapon

BASS 808 by Audiokit

1 Like

What is the ultimate bassline preset?

I just make em from scratch ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

DB-01 sounds amazing in every yt video I’ve watched, which is pretty crazy, but it really does…trying to save the money to get one. :blush:
I was actually saving for a Shruthi XT, but that’s gotta wait^^

OT, Shruthi, DB-01 and + effect pedal as send fx seem like the perfect little techno setup :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well the Moog name alone is synonymous with bass. I use a Sub Phatty, and the Arturia Minibrute. As someone else stated the Sub Phatty in their opinion was dirtier than their
Sub 37. I can’t say as I’ve only played it a few times briefly. However in my experience the
Minibrute with brute factor and it’s Steiner Parker 12db filter is in it’s own league of narly.
You can get a lot of great bass, analog sounding even, out of the Roland System 1.

For me, for now I just love dipping into the Moog and pulling out the Minibrute whenever I want to get explosive, even though the Sub phatty has the selectable 4 pole filter allowing you to get 18db, 12db, and 6db cut off slopes, which are great to explore, and the 6db really gives you an acid like squelch to your tone.

sure. but why? I won‘t buy it anyway

Yeah, ok?

2 Likes

I mean yeah , sometimes mono moogs got problem with sub bass , but Moog One got crazy opportunity to make real crazy bassline

1 Like

yesterday I found that Waldorf Kyra can make a real solid low end

1 Like

My favourites
_serum
_virus ti2
_nord micromodular
_shruthi 4pm
_digitone

2 Likes

I’ll second you on that, actually.
I’ve had mine a few weeks and hadn’t really used it for bass that much (it makes an excellent snare drum).
Spent a couple of hours last night focusing on its bass capabilities.

Filthy.

Like, I had to have a bath filthy.

2 Likes

Original SH-2 controlled with 303s CV sounds crazy on a big PA, was my best bassline of the past. Very full and big, but focused. Ideal acid machine! Maybe I should try new Roland plugin…

Serum is super nice indeed. Different type of thing, not analog sounding at all, but razor sharp and kicks like hell!

2 Likes

Microwave 1
SE-02
Karp oddy
Shruti with curtis Filter
CRAVE

For deep and punchy analogue bass:
Pairing of Minitaur (Moog) and Bassline DB-01 (Erica Synths) … love it … two quite different timbres, which mix great.

Gnarly or hard basses:

• Digitone (or other FM synths)
  • Blofeld (wavetables)
  • Virus (wavetables)
  • Serum (wavetables)
1 Like

Low budget: bs2
Really good value

My favorite is the moog sub phatty. It’s my go to bass monster

2 Likes

Modern Moogs mix so nicely with other analogs, in my case dfam + 303 is killer combo. Maybe that’s what we should call Ultimate Weapon = mix of moog and another, less fat but still punchy monosynth.

M+303
M+DB-1
M+SH

My weapons of choice
Modular-Dfam and Basimilus Iteritas Alter sequenced by the Metropolis
Digital- Digitone, MnM and Sidstation
Analog- Korg Monotribe (midi mod) I love the lo-tech primitive acid bass that spews out of it.

1 Like

Monotribe is really smt special, the filter is soo creamy, the audio rate lfo…I’m using it more often recently since I soldered a trrs to ts cable for sequencing the Monotribe from a cv track from my AK.

Also cool to send trigger from a cv track to the Monotribe (cv gate mode not activated), to advance the Monotribes sequencer steps.
Each trigger will advance and play the next step. Also works with a sampled sync pulse from any sampler/daw.
Just sample the Monotribes sync out and play that back into the sync in.

3 Likes

Vermona '14 has some serious heft.