Uncanny Valley — Free Sound Pack for Digitone

These drum machine-like sounds will strike you as being uncannily true to some of the analog, digital and rompler gear that inspired them. Sure, they do what they’re supposed to do – kick, snap, tick and so on – but their physicality, timbral quality, and presence is something quite out of the ordinary. There are some pretty unique pitched percussive sounds too: just check out that bedpan, whistle or gong sound. Expect waves of pleasure, ripples of joy and eddies of excitement. 64 Sounds, crafted by [Simon Mattisson](http://auvrel.bandcamp.com/), including 12 kicks, 13 snares, 11 hihats, 4 cymbals, 4 rimshots, 3 claves, 8 claps, and 9 miscellaneous percussions. [Download for free at Elektron.se](https://www.elektron.se/soundpacks/uncanny-valley/)
23 Likes

Thank you Elektron and Simon.

2 Likes

So these are just samples and compatible with other elektron gear that accepts wavs also?

Or does the DN benefit more from this pack.

I have both the DN & RYTM but rather import this sound pack in RYTM to free up more DN tracks.

These are patches for the Digitone, no samples. They can’t be loaded to any other machine.

3 Likes

They’re not samples. Digitone FM synth patches.

2 Likes

Wait oh yeah sorry, forgot the DN doesn’t accept samples (wav files).

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

4 Likes

Ace! Getting some amazing sound presets lately. This and the RYTM bass pack changes everything around - Digitone becomes the drum machine and RYTM the monosynth.

2 Likes

excellent!

Excellent and free, doesn’t get much better than that.

1 Like

Didn’t even realize this pack was free until @finalform mentioned it.

Wanted to say thanks.

And also a thanks to Simon Mattisson for putting in the work. :facepunch:

1 Like

which pack is that? just checked but didn’t see any specific bass pack

Its stunningly good.

2 Likes

Sweet, thank you!

purchased. thank you!

1 Like

I like the artwork Elektron releases with these soundpacks. For some reason I really like the RTFM art.

3 Likes

Nice to see more percussive patches.
Been meaning to give the “sound locks” feature a workout!

2 Likes

Wooo! Thanks! :bowing_man: :loopy:

Just wanted to say thanks Elektron. And thanks Simon, much appreciated…

1 Like

So rytm bass pack, DN drums + poly sounds and the remaining rytm voices for samples? Sounds good to me and like a fun new approach for my AR/DN/AH combo rig…

Big up for the soundpack! Appreciated

2 Likes

Wow, this drum pack is so well made, awesome work Elektron (and @Ess that, as far as I understand, is the designer behind it)!