Understanding mutes and how they function in writing and saving

i’m on my first song using drummachine, a4, and the op1. i’m at a spot where i like whats happening. (yay).

so i don’t want to lose it.

[ul]
[li]can mutes be printed/transferred to patterns so only the unmuted parts go? [/li]
[li]how can i the machinedrum remember what was muted so i can get back to where i am? [/li]
[li]and how should i be saving this? i’m currently only using built in machines and not sampling.[/li]
[/ul]

right now i have machinedrum giving 3 patterns and i’m using mutes, so when the track releases i’ll unmute one of the already used patterns to bring the release.

drum arrangement
a1 w/ mutes - groove
a2 w/ mutes- variation on groove
a3 w/ mutes - build up
a1 change to mutes - groove

here is a link, you hear to the build and then the wimpy follow up.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-lukas/1-1

the answer to all your questions may be song mode!

in machinedrum song mode you can make detailed edits for tempo, pattern lengths & offsets, and also mutes…

it’s quite powerful, but also a bit non-intuitive to use… a new thing to learn…
imo, read the section about it in the manual and see if it’s right for you…

Before you go any further:

-save your kit immediately.
-next, copy the pattern, paste it to a few more pattern slots, then save the kit again to another kit slot.

Now, no matter what you do, you have a baseline version of your work you can refer back to.

The bad news: You can’t save the mutes as you describe it without working with the arranger/song mode (as I see void just mentioned), but you may not want to mess with that at this stage.

Assuming you don’t: You can save versions of your pattern. An easy approach would be to go to copy 2 of your pattern and delete the trigs on all but those tracks you want playing in the intro. On copy 3 delete fewer. Rinse, repeat. Now you can move through your song structure by switching patterns.