Universal Audio Luna and Overbridge

Anyone working with LUNA? Does anyone know how to select audio tracks from (in my case) the RYTM, like bass drum, snare, hihat and load them into luna in the form of audio tracks?

Like in Ableton you make a new track and select as input the software track on which the overbridge plugin is active, and then choose the channel you want (bass drum, snare drum, etc)

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi,
I have same situation, i have apollo twin X and Digis, and the only i can do is put the overbrige on Luna and play music, but i can’t record with OB and multitraking also, We need to wait…Luna its super new and they add all the months a new features.
I think if a lot of people comment this situation on “Feedback” button inside of Luna on the right up corner, maybe they fix it more fast :stuck_out_tongue:

The best,
Lucare

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t think this will ever happen because Luna doesn’t work with third party interfaces. In order to digitally record an Elektron device you would need the DAW software to recognize the Elektron as an interface.

The only way around this is to get something like an Audient 800 (connect it to your UAD interface with an optical cable) and record the analog outs straight from your Elektron.

Not a cheap option but the analog outs do sound significantly richer, warmer, and denser.

The simplest solution for now is to record the individual tracks outside LUNA with the capture function of OB. You’ll get all the individual tracks in WAV files then you can drop them in your DAW.

Perhaps one day LUNA will support multiple out from plugins (like Superior Drummer and the likes) so that you could route each tracks individually. But as of now, you just can’t.

I only record my gear live so the OB capture is perfect for that. One thing I wish it had was syncable recording between the machines (Like Digitone+Rytm+A4. I need to press the record button of each instance. Therefore I need to align them afterward).

If you need to play back some sound from your DAW while performing, put a click and well… wish for the best when hitting that start button haha.

Hope it helps.