Urgent help with digitakt headphone line not working

Hi,

I need help. I own a Digitakt and tried to record a song today. I connected the devide to a Zoom Mic H4N to record what I am playing on the digitakt into the zoom.

I could not hear anything out of my headphones nor out of the recording device. So I stopped and unplugged the 1/4 inch out of the output on the digitakt and then plugged my headphones back into the headphones line.

My digitakt now does not play all tracks anymore, sometimes it does not play at all anymore and another project plays very tunnel way. So I tought maybe my headphones are damaged but they are not. I then plugged the headphones into the output left on the digitakt and there I can hear all the sound. I don’t know what is going on. I need help asap.

I don’t have a Digitakt anymore but if I recall, you may be able to check the output routing through the menu? Also check each individual track channel to see if they are panned or have low volumes.
Also check your cables and see if the Zoom will record any other piece of kit to make sure it’s inputs are working fine.

Thank you for your quick answer. So I checked all tracks and their volume is up. I think it has to do with an audio routing but then I ask myself why some samples/tracks play through the headphones and others not.

Here is a pic of audio routing

Hmmm, there is no cue out on Digitakt as far as I know, the headphone should just replicate the signal of the master stereo outputs, so basically you can’t choose different channels to route through headphones and/or master out.
Your routing screen looks fine.
Is there are cable issue? Are you using TS cables or TRS cables? Not sure it would make a difference on Digitakt but see if you have some different cables and check if the problem continues

I figured it out. Just right now. Thank you so much. So now I have another issue, recording out of the digitakt into zoom or overbridge makes my song sound so quiet. If I turn up the gain it overpowers but is still quiet.

All tracks playing are mixed on the digitakt and sound perfect. Any clues or ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Glad you got the first issue sorted.

The Zoom issue could be cables again or perhaps the record input level on Zoom might be set to a -db level…? You shouldn’t need to drive the channel or master levels of DT too hard to get a good audio signal.

The Overbridge issue could be Digitakt menu related, with outputs needing to be routed to USB audio. Also, make sure Overbridge is enabled within the DT menu. Check if the OB drivers are functioning correctly on your computer and see if the level input is showing a strong reading