USB power issues

Hi I have tried a a few different usb supplies, 2a, 1a, the power bank I have is rated for 3a but the only thing I can get to power the thing on is the original wall adapter. Everything else tries for a second and then it just shuts off. Not sure whats going on.

My cable is a usb cable to barrel jack, going to the back of the unit. I even had another barrel jack pigtail thing laying around and tried powering it to the side, I can get the whole ‘spin the knob to turn on’ but after that it once again just turns off upon bootup. Was looking forward to being able to remote jam!!!

I will double check the center pin is positive but otherwise I can’t think of what’s happening.

What battery are you trying from? It might be possible that it isn’t providing enough juice to get past the start up. a USB 2.0 port is a max 5ma at 5v I’m pretty sure… so it might not work without a usb 3.0 port. I know people have gotten it working off of usb battery banks but not sure the exact setup.

Thanks, it seems to be something to do with the cable I was using. I should looked harder because it turns out I didn’t even need to order this cable, one I had laying around actually did the trick just fine. Maybe it was too much resistance or something but yeah, nice to be able to battery power this thing, will get a bit more use now :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s hard to say if it’s your cable or your bank, but I haven’t had any issues with either of these. Just what I have around.

The Ryobi, 2.4A 5VDC, the Baseus 65w 30,000 mah bank (has 4 USB ports, but not sure if they are all spec’ed the same; all work). Both on the larger size.

It’s amazing for how “universal” USB is, how finicky it is when it comes to powering audio devices. The 1010 Bluebox mixer is so specific in terms of how you power it in order to avoid noise, down to the exact cable, I miss the real plugs.

1 Like