Using Control All during Song Mode on Digitakt

Been playing around with Song Mode today, super fun and grateful for the addition.

Just wanted to share an issue I ran into, to save folks from repeating the mess I made for myself.

I created a row midway through a song and named it “Jam” using Bank A Pattern 5, with the intention of using that row to play with Control All and tweak parameters. I used Control All during the “Jam” row, but kept jamming into the next row before pressing No.

Later in the song when Bank A Pattern 5 was used again, it was still affected by parameter tweaks I made using Control All during “Jam”.

So essentially, if you’re using Control All in song mode, pay attention to the play head and press stop before the next row engages.

Learn from my mistake, and avoid the resulting clean up, ha ha.

7 Likes

I didn’t say this in my video, but that is why I was using a single pattern as it’s much easier to tweak params. Each pattern has its own temp save state, which is cool, but works against you in cases when it’s switching patterns.

Now that song mode exists I’ll likely start using just one pattern. I previously used multiple patterns specifically for pattern mutes, and to be able to transition back and forth quickly. I much prefer song mode though, stoked to have it as an option.

1 Like

Yeah even before song mode I started using individual patterns because its so much easier to tweak sound params during playback. If you use multiple patterns it’s harder to tweak a kick, etc.

That said, since patterns can be completely different they are ideal for bridges and things where you want a completely different reverb, delay, and sounds,

I’m still working on how I want to use multiple patterns with song mode. IMO it doesn’t flow as smoothly as using a single pattern (for jamming)

I’ll surely use both methods. Same Patterns when all I do is muting and different Patterns when I need to tweak or vary some aspects of the Song.

1 Like

Join the aap! (Anti autosave ( feature request) party). Still not huge surprisingly but maybe growing with digi songmode.
One day the masses will liberate themselves from autosave. Its written in the stars.