Using Digitone with Squarp Pyramid

New to the digitone which I cannot get to talk to the squarp. On the Pyramid, I have the tracks configured as Midi1 A1-A4 on bank A with corresponding midi channels set up on the digitone. My midi controller is set to Midi 1 with output midi port on 1 as well. Playing T1 on the digitone via my midi controller yields no sound but can get sound from the digitone pads fine. The midi data registers on the pyramid ie in step mode I can see note and velocity info and midi arrows appear in the Track window when I strike keys…just no sound (except from the digitone pads in my headphones connected to my interface). Not sure what the issue might be… All tracks are unmuted

Have also tried a factory reset with reconfiguring the midi channels but no luck. There’s clearly a handshake problem between the keyboard controller (Novation SL MK 3) and the Digitone

So what are your MIDI settings on the Digitone?

In port config, I have the receive notes button checked. In Midi channels I have 1 to 4 for each respective track (T1-T4)which is replicated under the Midi button where the x’s are replaced by the corresponding number for that track. On my controller I match the midi track number and when keys are hit, I can ‘see’ that info on the squarp as the pads light up relative to the keys played on the controller and in step mode on the sequencer I can see the note change information register when I press different keys…but no sound. The only sound I get is from the Digitone pad keys able to be heard from my headphones connected to my audio interface. Is there any other setting that I’ve overlooked? Thanks

First, make sure that the Digitone’s tracks really are not muted.

Also check that in the Digitone’s SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu you have set INPUT FROM to “MIDI” (or “MIDI+USB”).

Yes to both. Track lights are green when pressed. Input is Midi + USB. Output channel is Auto Ch…

I recently started having issues having switched to USB-MIDI with a mioXL as an in-between.

Standard midi worked fine, but on USB I’m having intermittent issues where the DN randomly chooses not to respond. In one instance tonight… actually freezes. I’m sorta thinking it’s the Pyramid, but this issue sounds an awful lot like what happens when the DN decides not to respond.