Using OB to backup A4 and AR?

forgive the ignorant question, as i use my machines DAWless and have never used OB due to the messy development saga. now that overbridge is “done”, i am wondering if i can use it to create/restore backups of my projects easier than the labor intensive and tedious C6 sysex dumps i have been doing.

C6 is the way for now, Transfer will eventually take the strain for that task

ugh i cant wait for that. so we have official word that transfer is going to have full backup capability? last i checked it was just for sending samples to AR.

it’s not necessarily going to be a flexible all-singing do it all backup powerhouse, but it will encapsulate everything you can do via C6 presently - but it will not happen overnight, functionality will creep in over time to cater for the fact that they are moving away from C6

C6 works well (if you can run it) and it’s not that time-consuming relative to losing something, so for now it’s not so bad - Transfer will probably just be a better take on this with smarter hooking up and I believe they may be moving away from MIDI as the connection protocol - so it may become faster