Using overbridge but mixing all audio outside daw?

When you install overbridge, you are told, that you are not supposed to use your audiointerface to route audio into your daw (Live/Cubase). You are told to use overbridge to handle all audio comming from the RYTM.

I understand that this is part of what Overbridge is all about, but I’d like to handle all audio outside of my daw, and only use overdridge to sequence and control my RYTM and other outboard gear in order to keep latency as low as possible.
I don’t see why this shouldn’t work, but is there any issues about using Overbridge and RYTM this way, that I should be aware about?

I am able to record outside of the daw as well, but once it is all mixed, if I wanted to record the endresult comming through my audio interface going inside the daw, is there any reason why this shouldn’t work?

It should work. I do the same thing sometimes, with the Digitakt. If I load the Digitakt plugin on a midi channel in Ableton, then the sync still works, too. Then, just route the audio in from your audio interface, instead of from the OB plugin.

Then, set this setting to “on” to make sure audio still comes out of the Digitakt’s 1/4-inch outs.

Should be the same for RYTM.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what I thought - I’ll give it a go!