Using the Digitakt together with an Roland JD XI

Please could anyone help me to get the connection between the Roland and the Digitakt working as it should and even could.

I tried so many different options…

Im not completely unexperienced in midi but it seems to me as if there is always one little detail I still didnt recognise…

I want/did to connect both devices with two midi cables.

The Digitakt is conneted to a Laptop too.

And I use Headphones, connectet to the Headphone-Jack of the Digitakt.

In the end I would like to be able to control the sound of the JDXI by the the JDXI knobs and even with the Digitakt.

Maybe there is a tutorial anywhere on the web which I still havent found…

Is it only possible to control each of the 8 audio tracks by the 8 Midi Tracks or are they even “real” tracks to?

Can I apply them with Sounds from the JDXI via the Midi Connection?

At the Moment Im a bit despereate cause I would like to jam and not really interested in studiying midi in depth…

So on

I guess for all the pros outside my issue is quite simple…

I have a bunch of experience using an Octatrack with the JDXI so I initially thought I could help but upon re-reading your question i find that i do not understand what you are asking (not being rude - i really can’t figure out what you are trying to do). Can you phrase it differently maybe?

This is just a guess but is it that you want to turn the digitakts knobs and cause the sound to change on the JDXI?

Do you have audio cables running between the two as well?

MIDI doesn’t carry audio, only MIDI information.

DT midi out to JD midi in. Make sure the MIDI channel on your DT MIDI track is set to 1. I’m sure that’s what the JD is by default. JD stereo out to DT stereo in. You’ll have to turn the input gain on the DT inputs up as well or set monitor on. Don’t remember which.

There’s no such thing as a plug and play multiple box setup. You’re going to have to dig in some. If you’re not wanting to learn MIDI at all as you said, I’d suggest a single groove box.

Good morning… this is exactly my aim…

Looks as if I need to put he audio out of the JD XI into a mixer-panel.

I have a Zoom R16…so this is possible…

Okay…
So I do have to use an audio cable from the JD XI to the audio input of the Digitakts Audio in or into my external mixer (I us a Zoom R16?

Is it possible to configure the Digitakt the way that I can change the preset sounds (Bank number) on the JDXI played by the Diitakt Knobs?

Can I control more than four Different Instruments played by the JDXI…

Think the JDXI has 4 Tracks…I mean the internal sequencer…

Hey,

finally and after some hours of trying, I got it working as I expectedt it to work.

Think Im gonna post my settings here to help others.

Sounds great and like many possibilities together these two Devices.

hi hows it going can you explain I am trying to connect digitakt to roland jdxi and be able to control eachother, can you get an odd time signature with the digitakt and loop with the jdxi do you know?