UW looping string advice?

Hey guys, has anybody ever tried to get a looping string sound to work in UW? I use a high pitched ‘pedal’ string in a lot of productions…meaning one note in key with my whole melody is held while the chords/melody plays.

I’m just about to give it a go and I’m guessing it will involve synthesising a loop using a vst and trying to get that loop to perfectly sync to avoid clicks…

Then a bit of LFO and reverb to get it moving.

Should be eazy peazy.

beautiful, thanks so much

Using the sequencer and delay should get you pretty far even with a short sample.

i a 10k sample which was trimmed in ableton so that the wave would start/end at an even point. just sequencing this short bit on offbeats, filtering out the lows and a bit of reverb sounded pretty damn good.

that said, i will try out this tutorial above, the forward/reversing and some experimenting with the point at which this is triggered may yield a more natural sound

I can’t get this to work - my LFO only allows me to update by ‘hold’ and ‘free’ not trig…is this normal? Running latest OS on MK1 MD…

Usually I find this is just cause I’m moving the knob too fast. I almost always push and turn, when just a turn is enough.

Glad you are getting it…get creative, use the sequencer.