Vacuuming Elektron buttons

I’ve asked in another forum about this last year (conclusion there, no issue in reality, you’re holding the thing in your hands, standing in a room, so you’re basically providing a way for the static to discharge in addition the to the vacuum itself) and also paid attention to static on my vacuum.

When I use this long plastic tube (to reach shelfs, ceiling etc.) it seems theres quite some static building up, always large amounts of cat fur stuck to it. But with the little brush thingie, not much static seems to build up.

Also, the vaccum is not touching parts inside the machine, only the case anyway.

I usually use a brush to clean my synths, holding the vacuum so that it catches the dust I brush off. Better due to encoders etc., but I used to just vacuum them for years.

I’ve also used the vacuum inside computers and other electronics, never any failure.

3 Likes

yes those small fine brushes that clean off computer keyboards are also good. the careful vac technique is affective round the screen gap and seems to coax out those irritating little bits that get under the screens of the elektrons. im a bit obsessive though as ive had things arrive to me second hand with sticky junky knobs where some have never paid a thought paid to any of this ‘cleaning’ lark.

1 Like

By Windy Carlos?

3 Likes

hahha… funny enough though id not use this technique on the ‘blo - feld’ instrument

I just take mine to the carwash.

2 Likes

If you have one, the dishwasher can save you some time and money, though.

1 Like

dishwasher works okay but make sure to scrape all the bits of bacon and cigarette ends before you put it in… and make sure the jets are aimed at the front face to really get those buttons clean