Vermona Perfourmer alternative?

I’d love a PerFourmer but it’s similarly out of reach for me. If being able to perform multiple synth lines on a single device appeals to you there are some great options but none are as clearly laid out as the PerFourmer.

Which ones do you have in mind?

Well I use a Virus B for multi-timbral stuff - in the past I’ve used a Waldorf Blofeld but prefer the sound of the Virus. There also the Micromonsta and Micromonsta 2. In terms of actual analog synthesis the DSI Tetra is excellent, as is the DSI Prophet Rev2. Obviously there is also the Analog Four but the addition of the sequencer may be overkill if you were just looking for something external to sequence.

FYI: there’s one up on Reverb. not saying it’s the best price, but it’s available now. saw one yesterday too and it’s gone now. so act fast if you want it.

aaaaand it’s gone. two minutes after I posted that. :man_facepalming:

10 clicks on your link , must be one of them :wink:

One here from belgium

Isnt that a take off on this?

3 Likes

Sounds accurate. Those guys battling for the sole Perfourmer available on eBay? :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe Behringer Mono/Poly can be close with 4 oscs and different play modes.

Another strong option is DSI Mopho x4 or Evolver - solid analog / hybrid synths with nice sound and more or less pretty same functionality.

Maybe for pretty same money Sequential Pro 2 or 3 used.

I would say Polyend Medusa can be a bit close in terms of options (many oscilators + play modes + tons of modulation ) but it sounds completely different - cold and “scientific”.

In modular / semimodular world it can be achieved easily with behringer / moog small units, maybe roland 500 series or doepfer modules.

Since you not much into synth yet, I would avoid modular and maybe found most “organic” / “vintage” sound synth you can get for money… Maybe even vintage Korg Mono/Poly or something similar…

And DON’T FORGET Analog Solutions!
Their Leipzig, Fusebox or even Impulse Command could be really nice choise!
Sounds warm and old school!

Can think of other cheaper options, Moog Matriarh would be nice comparation but it’s more expensive…

1 Like

sorry but it just sounds like a lot

5 Likes

@tajnost thanks, these are many leads to explore.

@unbesbai what do you mean? Too common for you?

1 Like

I would say Vermona sounds quite unique, not too crazy distinct, but the character is there…
Very pure and elegant analog sound, anyways not “cheap” at all… comparing to many other things… I would call it “oldschool”… Not that easy to meet that character among modern synths.

It could do nice things like sequencing and tweaking different “lines” at the same time.
Nice instrument and maybe still can be found cheap somewhere.

Would definitely love to have one despite I’ve got many other things…

2 Likes

i would say… sorry to add a video when you gasing for the perfourmer, just like i’m adding a little more to your pain

that synth is a monster and if i could i’ll grab one too

If i had a fixed house i’d be pulling the trigger on the Belgium one i think. That’s tonight’s mood :wink:

A simple Medusa demo just to add more gas to the topic:

Also fine sounding (with external efx ) synth… and it’s a bit cheaper…
Not selling mine : )

1 Like

I see Perfourmers for under 1000Euro quite often…

Also consider MKI
They should go around 600 - 800 Euro, but they sound a bit different

Something else to distract you from Perfourmer : )

2 Likes

the Mono/Poly and Matriarch are pretty different from the P4mer. mainly because they have a shared VCF and VCA for all the VCO’s, instead of being literally four of the same synth in one box, each with their own dedicated signal path. it’s a pretty unique thing. you can do the rotate through the voices thing with those two synths, which is great, but it’s pretty different from what the P4mer can do.

the closest is still the A4 probably. but not as much fun to play as the P4mer; having all those knobs in front of you all at once is just so immediate and encourages interaction and experimentation.

abother close option would be building a eurorack system with the Vermona qmi2 as your midi interface. it has some of the P4mer’s play modes in it. then you can customize the voices as you wish, or keep 'em all the same, or even patch it like the Matriarch or Mono/Poly if you wish. and you can build the system up as you get the cash, and do all kinds of experimenting with your options.

Luke Abbott uses it pretty heavily in his Against the Clock here:

4 Likes

FYI for the Elektronauts in the U.S.: Perfect Circuit has some Perfourmers in stock, at least at this very moment!

3 Likes

Why did you do that? I wasn’t even sure I wanted one until no one else could have them

2 Likes