Vermona Perfourmer alternative?

there are a lot of great synths out there (at all price points), and some better than the perfourmer for one reason or another, but if you want vermona perfourmer you should save up for this one and not look for something that come close ( for my opinion , nothing cheaper come close)

2 Likes

this is gold. you’re like the Mr Miyagi of the forum.

Some functionality is different as said earlier…

But also they sound a bit different as far as I know, mkI is more precise and “electronisch” mkII is more warm and “liquid”, difference could be subtitle on some sounds, and more notable on others. Both are nice machines : )

1 Like

Hehe… I wouldn’t mind to have another nice German instrument, actually I’m a fan of German synths since late 90s (jomox, waldorf, quasimidi, doepfer, mfb etc… ) and believe they have their own signature and “think different” type of UI I like…

So no problem I want one as soon as I have more space on the table and a good deal on mkII and etc… blah blah…

ATM I assume I’m quite happy with Prophet 6, Buchla, 303 / 101, Mono/Poly, modern Moog, Polyend Medusa, DSI Tempest and some other exotic banana modular systems for analog soundz…

At the end there’s just not enough time to use them all : ) But Vermona is still quite inspiring…
I wouldn’t mind to “lease” Vermona and do some recordings with it.

1 Like

This is a nice setup!

1 Like

its not a sales pitch, it’s my opinion. its also an alternative to the perfourmer, wiseguy

To be fair, this forum isn’t called perfourmanauts. And while the A4 is probably a fun synth (I don’t know never owned one), I’m not sure why its comparable to the Perfourmer. One forces you to menu dive for hours on end while the other give you direct access to everything possible, and that makes for a much better on-the-fly perfourmance style sound. So do you like menu diving and a more modern analog sound? Or do you like a more immediate experience with a (in my own opinion) more rich analog vibe?

Seems like you opened the thread though.

You’ll notice that i am not asking if i should buy it but if there’s an alternative since for different reasons i can’t get one.

To be fair there’s a category called Other Gear for a reason :wink:

I never mentioned myself the A4 and indeed some great points for the Vermona are the no menu diving and analogue sound.

But we here to speak about alternatives to it so maybe the A4 covers some interesting ground similar to the Vermona.

Aren’t you looking for a “cheaper” alternative? That’s the impression I got from your original post. A4 is most definitely not a “cheaper” alternative.

I think most people looking at Perfourmer are there for the sound and unique immediacy that makes it so good for performing or improvisation. That’s why I don’t think the A4 is really an “alternative.”

If not, then definitely something to maybe look at. I don’t think the low end on the A4 (even from demos i’ve heard of the A4 Mk2, which Elektron claims to have beefier bass) don’t nearly sound as thick as perfourmer. Just my thoughts though.

1 Like

What? Dude I was just joking in general, in response to tchu saying buy all the things. No harm intended

4 Likes

Mainly i was asking for the sound cause it’s the first time i kind of fall in love with the sound of a synth, plus it has interesting modes and immediacy.

I totally get that it is not that expensive consider the quality, the 4 voices and all.
I’d be curious to know if any mono synth could get a similar sound (low end, 24Db filter, …). I need to add i don’t know nothing about synth so this post is also a good excuse for me to enter that world and discover what makes the sound of a synth :wink:

1 Like

If you’re just looking for a mono, and want the perfourmer sound, then look no further than the Vermona Mono Lancet. I’m pretty sure you can achieve similar sounds as the perfourmer, though you’ll only have a single voice (with two osc). Not sure this is an “alternative” either but at least your getting the same sonic imprint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HST8zYdwI3Y

2 Likes

This review makes a direct comparison (albeit with MK1).

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/vermona-mono-lancet

1 Like

this is a lot of why I sold my AK. I felt like I was trying so hard to make its sound work in a mix that I was spending less time with more immediate synths like my P4mer and just getting on with the song. the A4 was less fun and less rewarding. BUT it CAN be rewarding when you learn the sweet spots, and it’s rewarding in different ways.

and yes, this is why above I recommended the A4 as an alternative. not an equal by any means, as they both have different strong suits. but they overlap in the “playmodes” department like few other synths made, ever. and they’re both four voices of the same synth that can be used in multiple ways.

3 Likes

The comparison was made because they both have 4 voices and somewhat similar poly voicing modes. Their sonic/ knob-per-function/ patch recall etc differences aren’t being argued, despite some comments here.

3 Likes

This. Mono Lancet 15 is 1 voice of the PERfourMER. If you have a sampler like Octatrack, you can make similar sound minus the sync features of the PERfourMER.
We all said, the best to have a PERfourMER is to get it, but if you have to wait money + disponibility (august - september afaik) you can spend your summer with a cheapter Mono Lancet 15 on the used market.

So basically, is there a perfourmer alternative? No.

3 Likes

In fact, there is no 100% alternative. This is typical for 90% of the instruments. If you like Jennifer, don’t look for Sarah :blush:

4 Likes

Jennifer sound better

2 Likes