Vermona Perfourmer alternative?

8 Likes

Strangly I prefere the dry version better than with the FX. I think the use of the FX are too agressive.
Btw he made a great track.

1 Like

I found an easy hack around the lack of new stock for perfourmers. All you have to do is obsessively check three forum For Sale sections and two Facebook groups multiple times per day for about a month and one will fall right into your lap.

8 Likes

Agreed, something about the raw sound of the PERfourMER just grabs you, btw, that’s one very expensive setup in this video, yikes!

1 Like

Actually, you can achieve the same thing with just the PERfourMER and a DAW with stock plugins for less cheaper. “Playing” with FX pedal mostly lead to unpredictable and weird results. I think, once you setup your FX on your DAW, you are good to play only with the PERfourMER.

And he use the OT AE just for midi sequencing, it’s a bit overkill ^^

I don’t knows how he makes a living, but he certainly has very expensive gear in his collection. In his earlier videos, he showed that most if not all the sequences consisted of just a few notes per track, I think his words were “simple and repetitive”, so OT is definitely an overkill… Perhaps he will make more videos showing his more advanced ways to use the OT.

1 Like

I mean, if I didn’t drink or use tobacco the last 5 years and spent it on gear instead, I would probably be able to have a similar setup. I don’t have any children mind you. But it can just be a matter of priorities, maybe some income from djing, YouTube and such.

1 Like

This is the VERMONA DRM1 MKIII DELUXE TRIGGER.

2 Likes

Just got my Perfourmer tonight. I purchased the cv/gate version.

My intention was to rack mount the Perfourmer which would make access to the cv/gate jacks difficult. So I purchased 4 pairs of long 1/4" TS cables and ran them to a junction box on my desk. Then I could simply use my 3.5mm eurorack patch cables to connect to sequencers, etc at will.

Works great…ish. I discovered that if anything is plugged into the cv/gate jacks on the back of the Perfourmer then midi control is disabled. This is in the product manual; however, the manual isn’t available online. Wanted to mention this in case someone had a similar idea to mine. I think my cv/gate control is going to be a rare event.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, wasn’t really sure yet how to sequence it yet. I figured it’s best to go the extra mile and get the cv/gate one as I’ll prolly never upgrade it if I get the non cv/gate option.

And the p4er is here to stay and cv/gate it kind of making a comeback as a standard to thought it would be a good bet.

Mine is pushed back till juli now, was hoping to start making music with it soon. Oh well… good things take time. have fun with yours!

I see one for sale/trades in la on Craigslist if anyone is in the area!

Good looking out. But rather wait for the preorder of $1350 with CV than drop 16 bills on a used one.

Yeah that’s a bit on the pricey side. I figure after taxes a new one is that much. Maybe it can be negotiated down or a trade/partial trade for it.

I don’t see a huge advantage of the CV/Gate version, at least I never miss it. Having access to velocity and the easy way you tweak MIDI channels to shift configuration is way more important/useful.

1 Like

From Vermona :

You should be aware that the internal playmodes of the PERfourMER MKII work only with MIDI. With the CV/Gate version each synthesizer channel can only be used as individual monophonic synthesizer when using the analog inputs.

1 Like

ouch! why even bother then?

OK yes it’s still useful. and you can unplug the cv/gate leads to access the midi and play modes. but that’d be annoying. unless you have a modular or something to fire cv/gates at it in an interesting way, I don’t see the point.

Absolutely loving the deluge Perfourmer combo. They work perfectly together!

7 Likes

That was their response after asking them about combining the Vermona meloDICER module and the PERfourMER. They suggest a cv to MIDI converter for this combo.

I mean I think it could be really fun with like an Analog Four, Cirklon, Engine, etc. or if you’re really stressed about bandwidth over the midi ports. or again, a modular. just saying I wouldn’t spend more for the CV/gate version “just in case” you want to use it some day. but that’s me…

I’m with you on this. I’m getting the MIDI only version.