Vermona Perfourmer alternative?

well and these days it may also be a question of “which one can I actually buy?” :rofl:

it’s great regardless though. I’m sure you’ll love it.

They said that which ever I choose, it’ll be shipped on the same date.

2 Likes

What about the Subharmonicon? Any comparison to be made?

I see one brand new with cv on reverb right now for 1599 if someone wants to grab it!

5 Likes

That’s pretty great

1 Like

Stimming reviews the PerFourmer. He loves it but he’s pretty critical and pulls no punches. I disagree with his opinion on the saw wave.

4 Likes

Very nice review of a great synth! He also gets some really nice and varied sounds out of the thing and doesn’t just send four different midi arpeggios to it (which is tempting cos it sounds so beautiful).

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

What a great surprise to see him review it. Great artist playing a great synth.

1 Like

“Prequel” to Tim Shoebridge’s review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUCL9dSQgdE

1 Like

Really interesting to hear his reaction to (and confirmation of) Stimming’s video !

1 Like

(edit- never mind! I guess I hadn’t scrolled up far enough and for some reason the find function was not working - please ignore! (and/or mods delete)

Curious why the analog four is not mentioned in this thread on the Electron forum - isn’t the A4 a very similar device in some respects? What are the main differences (besides knobs on the Vermona and a sequence on the A4)?

2 Likes

PS: I think the real blasphemy in the video is that he uses a Behringer (!) module to demonstrate how much better, in his view, a Moog-style ladder filter sounds compared to the Perfourmer’s filters.

2 Likes

You can search by clicking on the magnifying glass item on the left of your avatar (top of the page) and there’s an option « search in this topic » to check. Then you’ll see the A4 was mentioned a few times along the thread.
From what i know the filters are sounding really different and if you seem to have many more possibilities of sound design with the A4, they don’t sound the same.
On the PerFourmer you have some special modes to sequence the 4 oscillos.

1 Like

Except “A4” is too short a search term.

I appreciated the degree of self-awareness in that video. Tim Shoebridge has been a top resource for me since before I bought my first bit of kit (the NTS-1).

2 Likes

If I wanted a Moog, I would have bought one (oh, I already have one). It’s that compensation that I like about the PERfourMER, it never goes too wild.

Edit : my ears are with me on this one.

3 Likes

I really like him and I loved when he said :
« Stimming has a sense of humor, not me ».

1 Like

Thought : Is it because of the Moog allusions in the early review(s) that they changed the way the Filter, in particular, the Resonance, interacts with the Frequencies?

1 Like

Just want to mention you have similar modes to sequence the 4 voices of the A4 by setting ALLOCATION under the POLY CONFIG page, specifically set allocation to ‘rotate’ and select ‘use track sounds’ to get the typical perfourmer effect of rotating through four different patches.

5 Likes

I’m glad I have one and have already formed my own opinion of it. now I can avoid the Stimming and Shoebridge reviews. the former annoyed me with the OT BS, and the latter with his terribly amateur Syntrx review. happy to avoid em both now and enjoy my Perfourmer :metal:

4 Likes