Vermona Retroverb Lancet

Hi i just got myself a retroverb and have a problem with it or maybe not and this is how it works but the case is like this i connected the retroverb to an aux channel post aux channel !! For example i have an analog rytm with drums playing i turn the aux send all the way open and when i turn the cutoff all the way down there is still a clean signal coming true. When i connect the rytm directly to the retroverb i can turn the cutoff knob all the way down and like in any normal situation the sound dissapear.

Am i missing something or is this how the retroverb works or how a filter works with aux channels ? It’s like it can only play pre aux on my mixing board when it’s clearly on a post auc channel

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

@Microtribe

Hi i just got myself a retroverb and have a problem with it or maybe not and this is how it works but the case is like this i connected the retroverb to an aux channel post aux channel !! For example i have an analog rytm with drums playing i turn the aux send all the way open and when i turn the cutoff all the way down there is still a clean signal coming true. When i connect the rytm directly to the retroverb i can turn the cutoff knob all the way down and like in any normal situation the sound dissapear.

Am i missing something or is this how the retroverb works or how a filter works with aux channels ? It’s like it can only play pre aux on my mixing board when it’s clearly on a post auc channel

Id say that would be the mixer, not the RV I’d have thought.

You’d need to set the channel fader to nothing and set the send to full (assuming you can set the send Pre Fader).

1 Like

Thanks for the reply !! I figured that out but i was like this can’t be the right way. So with the retroverb the post or pre aux thing doesn’t really matter in that case because the clean signal will always go true even when it’s on a post fader ?

Turn the mix knob on the Retroverb fully one way or the other (depends what your doing and where you’ve placed the reverb section)

That’s not really what i mean. When the RV is on a POST aux channel and my elektron analog rytm is on a channel with it’s aux send fully up. When i turn the cutoff all the way down there is still sound coming true. But when i run the analog rytm directly through the RV and turn the cutoff down there is nothing coming true

I really think that’s something to do with your mixer setup. Maybe I’ve totally miss understood. Hopefully someone else will be along to help.

1 Like

How the effect works depends on a few variables.
How you have the RV configured.
Where you put it in the signal path.
What you intend to do with it.

It sounds like its working fine, but perhaps you haven’t understood how pre and post fader aux sends vs direct input differ.

1 Like