Vintage synth stores Japan

Guys where can I buy a Gatorcase or Pelicase here in Japan? Seems like an impossible mission.

Want to take something with me on a flight and conventional bags are not protective enough (especially if I decide to go for checked luggage).

Cheers :beers: :+1:t3:

You can ask in those shops, they may have something 2nd hands and cheap.

For Pelican and the like, Yodobashi has pretty good range, but from what I’ve seen it’s up to a size just over carry-on limits. They also have a luggage section that might be suitable. Shinjuku (government offices side) has the largest range if you’re still in Tokyo.
It’s up a few flights of stairs, (above the film shop I think), but the luggage store is on street level on one of the corners. Basically, yodobashi Shinjuku covers a few blocks!

Wow, really nice shop. Thanks for the tip!

Is there someone here who has bought anything from Ishibashi that lives in the EU and and if that’s the case, what’s your experience from that? Is it something that you can recommend?

1 Like

Cheers dude will check it out for sure when am back in Tokyo before I leave. Nothing like this in Kyoto but alas I don’t have to deal with GAS while I’m visiting the Temples!

2 Likes

Actually it’s easier to check Yodobashi in Kyoto. It’s on the next corner after the Kyoto tower as you walk away from the station.

No used synth shops in Kyoto, none I’ve seen in the last 20 years anyway.

1 Like

this might be my favorite pic of any of these synth shops (assume this is Five G?). one of the ultimate “holy grail” modular synths, worth more than many people’s houses, with some random crap just thrown in front of/on top of it.

4 Likes

@JamesM will check it out tomorrow, thanks for the tip

@chiasticon i know right? RA Moog 3P with a 951 KB… Don’t see many of those around at all no… yes FiveG. Such an awesome place.

1 Like