Waldorf Iridium (16-voice, duo-timbral Quantum desktop)

Would not even need my glasses to see that there is something looking really odd :laughing:

… but I want one so so bad. Glad I did not get anything else in the past few month, there were some nice releases, but I kept strong :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If quality control is problem with just what we can see on the exterior then who knows what to expect internally. I will wait for awhile for a later batch after all the problems are resolved.

1 Like

Try this guy Robb Zenn robbzenn@altomusic.com. Alto will do a better than sweet water

2 Likes

Thanks!

GAS…
Forgot what that felt like.

Finally have some motivation to sell off some older gear I haven’t used in a while :grimacing:

1 Like

Are they loose and wobble around or are they solid in place at those weird angles?

This has to be the most logical explanation. I doubt that the synth left the factory in that condition. Seems like the box was mishandled during transport.

2 Likes

If the buttons will get that badly misaligned due to shipping, it’s not a good fit to begin with… so again something that is totally unacceptable.

Of course they could offer to fix the “limited 8GB” version, which is the least they could do for shipping out such a poorly assembled product. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well naturally you bought it for it’s features, so nothing wrong at all being excited about it! Waldorf will most likely make it right, so enjoy you new gear!!

1 Like

Its not a shipping issue --its a assembly issue --can be fixed at factory

2 Likes

you mean fixed by the person who assembled the wonky buttons in the first place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes of course, my response was to the claim it was due to shipping. :slight_smile:

It’s hard to tell but he did mention there’s a foreign substance on the box. One could speculate that it was involved in an accident. Again giving Waldorf the benefit of the doubt. I agree the buttons should not be easily dislodge.

2 Likes

Here is another video where I create a patch and show how the different engines work.

16 Likes

Its a new Monomachine for the decade of the 2020’s. Elektron is on notice , I wish they built the Iridium.

2 Likes

It is truly impressive. The more I work with it the better it gets. Today I noticed that the sequencer has 8 parameter tracks that can modulate every parameter of the synthesizer. And I imported all wavetables from Serum and my library and imported my Omnisphere User Sample Library.

6 Likes

one thing many punters don’t realise is the Quantum/Iridium sampling engine sounds even better that the Toraiz SP-16. The pitch shifting is incredible at the low end --best ive head since the Fairlight series III. Sample a breakbeat off vinyl into the Iridium and start pitching shifting and watch what happens :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I disagree but it’s a really long time since I had the MonoMachine.
Here the Iridium sequencer
2 Likes

It is a totally different synth from the MonoMachine in my opinion

1 Like