Waldorf Iridium (16-voice, duo-timbral Quantum desktop)

So as an Ensoniq and Akai series fanboy I will fall in love again ?

I’m pretty sure the cats out of the bag on that one :slight_smile:

I’m wondering if the patches from the Blo could easily translate on this one.

So wavetables could be imported right?

Waiting for the Iridium!

Meanwhile, I made this, exploring some of the presets I created for the Quantum/Iridium. And it’s featuring my so beloved Model:Cycles :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

And another one! In this video I demonstrate how the CV inputs are working. The Iridium has six individual inputs that can be routed to anything in the mod matrix. Quite nice! Playing the Iridium with an Eurorack sequencer however does not work yet.

3 Likes

Decided to cancel my Iridium order and bought a Quantum. My master keyboard died, so I needed a new keybed. The sequencing and extra digital filter models are coming to the quantum, and potentially 16 voices in digital mode as well per Rolf W. Also got an OB6 module to compliment it. Quantum should arrive Thursday. OB6 arrived but had to be sent back due to broken VCO cross mod button. A replacement is on the way. Got the OB for under 1600 shipped, brand new.

2 Likes

:drooling_face: wonderful.

how many waves in a table does it accept? afaik different wavetable synthesizers (hard and software) range between 128 to 2048 waves in a table

Good question! Are there any wavetables with that much waves inside that I could test? The number 2048 occured in the menue but I am not sure if it works.

Wow this is an awesome synth! I thought i dont need new synth but this one is an exception. Maybe i can sell some stuff to get this thing :slight_smile:

The Iridium sits right here in front of me for six days now. barely even touched it. work sucks :frowning:

4 Likes

that sounds similar…when we was young we do not had the money but a lot of time now opposite…

2 Likes

New Video from sweetwater…

4 Likes

@phelios Could you check if you can achieve nice choir sounds? I couldn‘t find anything…

Did you noticed the 6 buttons above the screen? The same as on the Iridium of @phelios, not aligned.

I read somewhere you just have to push them down a bit. to be checked

since you can import samples, should not be a big deal :wink:

Has the Iridium got more menu diving than the quantum?

I noticed, at around 18 seconds, that the grey knobs to the left of the screen don’t look even. Seemed to me like another build quality issue. UNLESS they are also buttons and one is depressed?

The buttons are as they are. Waldorf emailed my back and said that the buttons are like this due to the way they manufacture the synth. So I guess we have to live with it! I don´t mind that they are not aligned 100% although I find it odd that other manufactures have no problems with that. Part from this I still like the built quality of the Iridium. The knobs are very stable (not like my Sequential Rev2) and the buttons react precise (not like my virus ti where I have to push the knobs very firmly and slow after the years).

1 Like