Waldorf Iridium (16-voice, duo-timbral Quantum desktop)

They saw that picture of yours and they basically said it was as intended? Said it met their standards? That is completely ridiculous. That is laughable. Imagine BMW with a misaligned dashboard saying “well, it’s because of the way it’s manufactured — forget about it.”

And dealers are going to have to say, “no, that’s how Waldorf built them and shipped them — they’re satisfied with that and expect you should be to.” Ugh. And at that price. Unbelievable.

6 Likes

Nearly 300 replies. Mostly about buttons

1 Like

I agree

For a premium price I want a premium product

For the price you have paid I would not accept such an answer from Waldorf.

1 Like

39 posts about buttons… for a good reason :wink:

Are some of us doing too much nagging about these buttons? I would return my unit to Thomann, or from wherever I ordered one.

What is going on with Waldorf?? Makes me really wonder as well. Did they really see this picture? Makes me feel like not wanting to buy one, if that is something I have to accept. I’m kinda sad now :disappointed: :wink:

2 Likes

That’s truly a shame, and speaks volume of Waldorfs quality or rather lack thereof. The fact that Waldorf does not have enough pride in their product to fix it ASAP is astounding

Not that Waldorf is synonymous with German craftsmanship and quality, to begin with but this certainly won’t help their brand perception.

1 Like

The looks matters a very little, it’s durability that’s important to me.

2 Likes

This looks not nice for the synth at this price point

1 Like

but can’t you put them in the right place? They just seem a bit loose?

i don’t know, they kinda look like they’re winking/smiling at you to make great tunes. :wink:

1 Like

The buttons straightened out a bit after using them for a week.

Returning the Iridium is a difficult topic. It would mean that I have to wait weeks, or months, to get a new one. And other units probably look the same.

3 Likes

How are you enjoying Working with it?

A lot! After making the three demo videos I am now testing how it works with my whole studio setup and when I make music. The workflow is fantastic, everything feels very natural which is a lot if you concider the complexity of the Iridium. Mostly I work with Wavetable and FM enginges. Granular sampling is also cool but I don´t like that I have to use micro SD cards to import samples. I have to use my photo camera for data transfer which is a bit stupid.

3 Likes

Yes i understand, not a fun thing to have to part with something you like and looked forward to. It’s of course entirely up to you wether to accept Waldorfs poor QC or not.

Personally i would opt to have it fixed simply because i can’t stand sloppiness, and when i pay top dollar i expect an effort in return.

Bottomline is that Waldorf simply devalue their own brand by not taking pride in their craftsmanship.

6 Likes

If these buttons didn’t have lines on them I don’t think anyone would even notice any misalignment.

3 Likes

Dude, really? It looks like the buttons have been pressed into silly putty.

1 Like

For anyone interested, it looks like Three Wave Music has two of these in stock right now on Reverb for $2499.

Yeah but the line makes it super noticeable. That’s all I’m saying.

you can get a usb sd card reader for about $10 :slight_smile:
But maybe it’s the removing it and putting it back in part that bothers you.

1 Like

I´d like to access the whole memory as a drive on my computer like it´s possible with Octatrack. 3500MB of the 4000MB flash memory are already crowded with samples from Waldorf and it´s hard to get an overview. The folders have cryptic names like “AE AR” and so on and there is even a test.wav in the main folder. If I delete the whole thing I´d destroy a lof of preset sounds so the whole thing is a bit complicated. But yes, you are right: I should invest into a SD card reader. Seemed unnecessary before. Who needs a card reader if you can get another synthesizer? :slight_smile: