Waldorf Iridium (16-voice, duo-timbral Quantum desktop)

You mean you can’t mount the internal drive using an usb cable ? thanx

Hmm… if it was at least standard SD - because there are WiFi-enabled SD cards - maybe already as microSD?

Just got my shipping notice!!! Super excited :laughing: what should I expect???

4 Likes

Yes. That doesn’t work. Too bad! Even something like Elektron Transfer would improve the situation.

1 Like

Maybe stupid questions, but ok…Does the Iridium supports PolyAT and MPE? In that case the Hydrasynth Keyboard looks perfect for controlling the Iridium.

I believe the answer is yes to p.a. and maybe later for MPE. This is me recollecting what Rolf said back in that interview above.

1 Like

Thank you, @Jukka

I also read in the manual that the Iridium has two mono audio inputs. That can be used for sampling and recording. Maybe somebody knows what is the maximum recording time? @phelios maybe?

1 Like

The Idirium records into Flash Memory. I have been loading a few long files (few minutes long) without trouble. I would suspect that the free memory is the limit for an audio recording. There are 2GB of memory, 1,5GB are filled with questionable (to put it mildly) samples but you can erase them if you want free space.

3 Likes

Sorry, me again! I just tried it and the recording stops after 120 seconds.

2 Likes

Can’t you also use the audio inputs, as live inputs to the Resonator ? I remember that from reading about the Quantum.

What can you do with the recorded audio? Play it as background and record live playing on top of it?

i don´t think so. At least I don´t see how. You can chose between a Resonator and a sample but not select the audio input.

1 Like

As I understand it it is meant for recording something. The Iridium is great for resampling!

1 Like

Samples go to Particle too.

1 Like

How do you like it so far? Some thoughts about positive and (maybe) negative points?

1 Like

The Iridium arrived today. Wow what a synth but the button issue is real. The buttons are uneven and crooked. That being said button response is sharp and everything works as should. The screen is also very responsive and makes navigation very simple and easy to understand. Looking forward to explore this baby.

5 Likes

It’s too bad about the buttons for something in this price range. I could understand on $100-200 budget synth, but not something from Waldorf. I have to think they’ll fix it in a 2nd production run regardless of their prior response. I’d still want one though…

4 Likes

Congrats, have fun with it!

Let us know what your thoughts are about it. I maybe want to buy one as a companion of my Hydrasynth Keyboard.

1 Like

This is by far the most powerful synth I’ve ever owned. That became apparent within the first 10 minutes of using it. It’s basically five synths built in one. Plus the sequencer/arp and all the modulation options this synth will take some time to fully grasp. The sound is extraordinary and sounds great next to my OB6 and Digitone. So far the only complaint is the funky button issue but once I started using the synth I could care less about the buttons. This synth is a powerhouse!

10 Likes

I think for that soert of ££ I personally couldn’t live with those wonky buttons… I mean, it’s brand new, not a vintage unit where you expect scuffs & scratches. It’s crazy.

1 Like