Waldorf Iridium (16-voice, duo-timbral Quantum desktop)

(I am assume the person that took the pictures used the same camera, in the same lighting conditions, so the the photos are more meaningful. Camera images and seeing it with your own eyes is different too.)

Notice the saturation improvements with the Iridium. The whites and the grays look improved. It will be nice to see a comparison with a more fully chromatic image. My impression is the blues have improved – there are fewer blue receptors in the eye so a decrease in resolution has less effect in blue.

They may need to tweak colors a little. The contrast between white and light gray may need to be increased. Hard to be completely sure though just from the images.

ADDED: The LEDs under the buttons at the top are different too. I assume there are adjusts for the colors on the screen, so that has to be accounted for in comparisons. Might only be a change in the default settings. Stay tuned.

You cannot tell from these pictures compared to the here in real.

1 Like

So true.

I did see it in the videos too, but i know how misleading that can be – but that’s why i asked.

Thanks for posting the images NoiseLab.

Here these photo’s with just with with my iPhone 6

3 Likes

I want a T-shirt with that graphic!!!

4 Likes

The Kyra and Iridium make me think of these two:

10 Likes

If the Iridium is a Xenomorph I’ll have to be David!

2 Likes

Could this be the Monomachine replacement we all wanted ?

6 Likes

I think this is different from the monomachine.

I see Irdium like an evolution of the Microwave XT and a futuristic version of the classic PPG.

1 Like

Nope :upside_down_face:

Well, this kind of UI plus 2 joysticks with 8 tracks running Plogue plugins on FPGA processing would be a winner!
https://plogue.com

3 Likes

That sounds awesome, but yeah, that interface is cramped.

I got a shipping notification! :partying_face:

5 Likes

From?

These aren’t available yet, are they?

Thomann (GER). I placed my order literally in the minute they put the synth in the shop. Waldorf sent a few units to a few dealers and I was lucky that I picked the one who got a few. They didn´t mention which dealers they stocked first but I remembered that Thomann used to have Waldorf stuff very early so I gave it a shot.

2 Likes

Not in the states… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Italian site give the availability from mid July , price 2200 € , it’s a beautiful peace of gear and the sound look amazing , i need only the money

2 Likes

I want some demos on that wavetable section, user manual says you can upload your own tables from samples. Looks very serum esque. If it can growl like Serum, I’m in.
I’m finding the Hydrasynth amazing but struggle to get the aggressive sounds I’m after out of it.
I have Serum, but I don’t want to be on a computer after using one for work all day.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t a Blofeld get near a lot of these patches with a bit of layering? They sound similar.

1 Like