Waldorf M

That’s so sick dude, thanks for the info. Drooling.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I’ll be getting this one. That is, if my interest is sustained for the next 3 months when there is more stock.

Just hope there are no hardware or software issues. Still a bit scared off by reports I heard about the Iridium. There are no guarantees you’re going to have a good experience, even at this price point, sadly.

There’s quite a bit less to actually go wrong on something like the M. Most synths that employ any kind of MCU with firmware can be subject to some bugs at launch. I think this one should be ok. Waldorf has had a few things in the more distant past that didn’t quite get fixed, but it was also quite a bit more difficult to do back then IMO. (None of them really rendered the synths unusable either.). If they did, they wouldn’t be fetching the prices they get now. Still, if you’re the cautious type, just hold on for an update or two. They’ll still be making them :wink: This thing probably doesn’t have even half the code running things behind the scenes as something like the Iridium. They SHOULD have a pretty good handle on it. Plus all those new touch interfaces etc. were pretty new to them short of software like Nave.

1 Like

And yet another new demo… I think i am beginning to be obsessed with this synth…

12 Likes

Not only u…
We both know how to fix this problem : )

2 Likes

BTW not so many multitembral demos… if any…

Would b nice to check 4 sounds in pack

1 Like

It is probably inevitable to fix this problem. I just need to hear more…
BTW loopop included some samples of M for some contest, so another opportunity to listen - even better listen to wavs not compressed by yt algorithm…

1 Like

I‘ve never used stereo TRS outs like this. What kind of cords am I looking for, then, if I want to run the outputs into my Octatrack? TRS mono to TRS stereo, I guess?

I‘ll see what I can come up with. Any thing specific?

1 Like

I want 4-part harmonica sounds.

2 Likes

StrongHarm or ResoHarm?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

AddHarm or HighHarm?

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t trust web presentations, it’s good to do „homework“ and maybe clear up the mess with some choices, see what it capable of, but often doesn’t provide adequate impression on sound.

I don’t know… the plan is wait till they’re available in stores, go a get a first contact, get rid of doubts, grab it!

Hmm, would be amazing. I’m interested in how a pack of normal „elektro synth pop“ sequences (like bass, a few arp lines and basic melody ) will mix together and how distinctive it sounds.

Second thing - deep multilayered pads, like press 1 key and see and fall into sonic bath for a minute…

That’s hard with just 8 note polyphony spread over 4 parts…

1 Like

That’s easy. :wink:
Give me some time though, job is killing currently.

1 Like

If you could a mix of StrongHarm/HighHarm/MellowHarm/HarmyHarm, that would be great, thanks.

Sorry, HarmyHarm is reserved for usage only on foggy November monday mornings.

3 Likes

I will settle for CrappyHarm then.

Choose your Wavetables:

Following this description SquaredSaw would be ideal for Harmonica sounds.

2 Likes

I knew they’d come through!

1 Like