Waldorf M

Yeah…it’s got Analog Filters.

If it was Digital, it would be cheaper, probably. And maybe closer to a “Budget” Waldorf.

1 Like

Looks cool, and exceeded my expectations with the analog filter and stereo vca per voice. I believe the filter chip is the same one that is in the UDO Super 6 and the Prophet X.

Also awesome are the separate outs for processing through FX. That’s one thing I love about the DT keys.

5 Likes

“Futurepop users will be very happy”

1 Like

I feel like I am getting close to jumping on one of these expensive poly desktop units… this one certainly seems like it could be up there, quite like that it has more of a classic waldorf vibe.

It looks like, that the built quality is on par with the Iridium. It´s worth the 1800€. And…street prices are always lower. Iridium goes for 2500€ currently (2719€ UPE). So “M” will be probably around 1600€ later on. The Iridium is top quality, built and soundwise.

I like it that Waldorf is back on the “Bond names for synths” road. :grinning:

7 Likes

Thank you! Nice!

Also great:

Beta test Jürgen Driessen, Wolfram Franke, Dr. Georg Müller, Anthony Rother (Datapunk), Winfried Schuld, Holger Steinbrink, Martin Stürtzer (Phelios)

M contains sounds from New sounds: Kurt Ader, Jürgen Driessen, Wolfram Franke, Rob Papen, Anthony Rother, Vladimir Salnikov, Martin Stürtzer

Top people involved!

The specs are classic Microwave…but with analog filter and 4 parts Multi!

Specifications
• Oscillators: 2 W avetable oscillators with indepen-dent wavetables and two different tone generation models - classic Waldorf Microwave I model and mo-dern Waldorf Microwave II model.
96 Factory Wave-tables + 32 slots for User Wavetables

• Filter: Analog low-pass 24 dB/Oct VCF (SSI 2144 Improved Ladder Type) with saturation
• Amplifier: Analog stereo VCA for each voice•Envelopes: 4 Envelope Generators; 8 point loopable time/level Wave envelope generator, VCF and VCA ADSR envelopes and a free assignable loopable 4 points time/level envelope
• LFOs: 2 LFOs with different waveforms•Arpeggiatorwith 16 preset patterns, chord mode and the ability to synchronise to MIDI clock
• Sound storage: 2048 Sound programs + 128 Multi programs •Polyphony: 8/16 voices polyphony (16 voices available with the expansion board installed)
• Multitimbrality: 4 Parts (4 parts can be assigned to 4 individual stereo outputs)
• MIDI: USB 2.0 and DIN (5-pin DIN connector with In/Out/Thru) •Compatible with classic Waldorf Microwave I sysex messages (sound bank transfer/sound transfer)
• SD Card for loading / storing user content as sound-banks and wavetables

I would take this anytime over the Korg Wavestate.

2 Likes

“My name is Streichfett, James Streichfett”.

7 Likes

“My name is Rocket. James Rocket.”

3 Likes

Listed at Thomann for 1.799€

Just wait. Prices will drop.

1 Like

Yea at that price point I could just upgrade to an iridium

But you lose the analog filter, if that´s important for you.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t really get the 4 stereo outs for 8 voices. That’s completely against the trends (which is to be commended), but maybe too much. Won’t sell my XT just yet. The digital filter models make that one special.The iridium is very (too) close in price.

1 Like

Good point. That changes the tone. I almost added to my cart but then realized that super booth doesn’t start until tomorrow. It does have a good tone. Let’s see what UDO has tomorrow.

1 Like

8…now…later expanded to 16. 4 Parts multitimbral…4 voices per stereo out…or whatever.

3 Likes

Renaming this thread … better than starting a new one. @InternalVoice

4 Likes

But would you take it over three Wavestates? :wink:

That really does sound tremendous. Way better than any Kyra demo I’ve heard.

6 Likes

Erm…i meant modwave. Not even one bit. These new Korgs feel and sound…
Cheap.

3 Likes

Amazing :thup:

we are living in extraordinary but amazing times my friends

Dune, Matrix 4, Waldorf :woozy_face:

8 Likes