Waldorf M

Yeah I am quite curious about what UDO is gonna pull out of there pocket… this does sound damn good though, very rarely do I like every patch in a demo video so it is definitely doing something for me. Seems like basically the Prophet 5 of Waldorf, one of those synths that just sounds good no matter what.

quite interesting, no FX section, that’s pure !!!

PPL talking about 16 voice upgrade… is it a rumor or already announced?

The Iridium can sound just like it too, but because there are much more features to choose from, it´s harder to get to the core of your sound idea. I am already thinking about replaceing my Iridium with this…

Just as someone said…

And btw. the filter models on the Iridium sound absolutely delicious! So i have high expectations for the M one…

EDIT: Just noticed…FM: neither Osc or Filter avaliable. That´s a shame.

However…this makes we want to pull out that Iridium again and start working on the next album.

Thank you Waldorf! :cupid:

1 Like

It´s in the manual mentioned.

1 Like

Looks and sounds great so far…
the orig microwave was fantastic. the wavetable through analog filter hybrid is the best of both worlds…

Would rather have an Elektron Anal4 mk3 with wavetable oscillators…

2 Likes

You already have it with external inputs.
As an example, I use MI Plaits or 4MS SWN to feed the A4 mk1 ins.
With same sequencer cv out of the A4, modulate the eurorack wavetable modules.

2 Likes

don’t give up on the Iridium, you have plenty of those sounds in it … of course the price-tag is heavy … but do you really need FM on both … filter and OSC for this machine? maybe they implement some sort of FM with an update

happy with this price – won’t be on my GAS list :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Nah, just this or that. But however, the LFO´s could be fast enough, if they use the same algos from the Iridium.
Yes, it´s tempting, but on the other hand…the Iridium …i am not going to give that one up.
However if somone is thinking about a wavetable synth, M would be my first choice to go to. I studied the manual…many small but great thought off details for creating sounds and playing this instrument are packed into this. Too expensive? Korg modwave, Modal Argon, Waldorf Blofeld, ASM Hydrasynth, Novation Summit/Peak are alternatives.

The Age of FM has become the age of Wavetables

6 Likes

Does anyone know how many waveforms there are in the wavetables? I’m trying to convince myself I don’t need this, as I already have a three osc wavetable synth with analog filters and amp in the Summit (the Summit smoothly interpolates between the waveforms in a table, and you can automate that movement so they sound really nice, but the number of waveforms in a table is limited) so I’m wondering what this could do that the Summit couldn’t. Obviously Summit is much more powerful overall. The sound of the M is NICE, and I love the look of the interface. Reading through the manual now.

1 Like

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass. . .

5 Likes

Hahaha awesome

1 Like

its 64 waves in a table but it can convert a bigger table by skipping waves or use smaller table from looking at the manual.

1 Like

Kinda finding the mod source/ dest lists a bit sparse

1 Like

Sweet! That’s pretty powerful. After reading the manual though… I think I don’t need this, I’d be surprised if I couldn’t replicate most sounds on the Summit/other gear I own. I do WANT it though, it looks fun.

Was wondering when you would be weighing in on this :slight_smile:

But the sound tho…

3 Likes

Well I don’t have it… cos I don’t have an anal4… or really want one as they stand…

But yes I can achieve the wavetable->analog filt in many different ways; Plaits, kotelnikov etc. but mostly through integrating digital elements in bitwig Grid sent out to euro filters… and all these solutions are more powerful than a wavetable anal4 could ever be… but it all takes ‘time’ to set up… having it in one box would be convenient…

2 Likes

This looks sick. Wow pricey tho. GAS is strong with this one