Waldorf Pulse II

It seems to fade to a more narrow pulswith depending on the A-ADSR. The longer the decay stage fore example the longer is the fade to a more narrow pwith.

1 Like

Does the ‘keytrack’ value set the depth of the pw fade envelope? Or the decay time? I’m not clear on the relationship between ENV A and the value set by the ‘keytrack’.

Yes. This is what I think it does. The higher the “keytrack” value (fade) more of the adsr will affect the pwm.

1 Like

these days,i really interesting to pulse2,could not to help my self not :joy::joy::joy: to those guys talk about how bad the waldorf pulse 2’s parameter matrix is,and the user interface not good,this is a place named“ elektronauts”,guys,open you eyes to look at your a4、ar、md、mm、digi…,parameters matrix is what a elektron gear about!why waldorf do same is bad?

Coincidentally, I just rebought this synth after briefly owning one when they first came out. I only sold it because there were so many other analog mono synths coming out at the time that I also wanted to try.

I really like how this synth sounds; the oscillators, FM with osc 3, the precise filter, and modulation possibilities… it’s a really underrated beast imo.

1 Like

I have owned a Pulse 2 for quite a while and although it doesn‘t get used all the time when I do plug it in I am always surprised by how good and most of all clear it sounds. I think it‘s the most
defined sounding analog synth I have tried.

I even sold it once it, but while packing it for shipping I noticed one of the indicator lights not working so I ended up keeping it. I am genuinely happy this happened.

And don‘t forget the randomizer function. Crazy modular like sounds to be had with a few tries.

1 Like

The implementation is not the same.
Not all matrixes / modulation sections are created equal.

Ok Elektron I don’t have to change pages to alter lfo destination vs lfo depth&speed.
On Waldorf I do. It slows down the process.

Of course it’s a great synth, it’s a Waldorf! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I just ordered one.
Question for the owners : how fast does it respond to incoming CCs ? Can you automate the filter cutoff in a steppy way ? How fast does it respond to PC messages ?

Thanks !

There seems to be some smoothing to the filter cutoff. Possibly other parameters, too.
So maybe not as snappy as you’d wish.

But I don’t really have an issue with that at all, it feels quite musical that way.

It’s super fast on program changes, great fun!
And has a lovely sound.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. It’s a pity for the filter cutoff, though. It became a very important aspect of my sequencing habits.

Bear in mind that you need some smoothing to avoid the stepping artefacts when sweeping the filter over a 7 bit range.

Most people by far will prefer a smoothed response over 128 discrete values. If you remember reviews from that period of early affordable analogues, always a huge talking point.

Same with the BS2, although I find Novation went a bit overboard with the filtering of the filtering. It won’t keep up with faster cc or wheel modulation. Pulse will, but there’s still what feels like a few ms of glide if you feed it non-continuous cc values. As I said before, it has a kind of musical vibe to it that I really like.

That being said, a linear CV input for the cutoff frequency would be dope.

I’ll see when it’s home ! The BS2 is indeed THE standard of unbearable cutoff smoothing.

to: d_hansen
I bought the MonstrumPulse editor and vst plugin. Using
Ableton Live 11.I can’t control the Pulse 2 hardware from vst MonstrumPulse.I’ve probably got something wrong in the midi in Ableton.
Could you tell me where I’m going wrong?
I’m working in Win 10.
thanks for any advice.

Florian did a video for giggles

1 Like