Was it released too soon ? [compilation topic]

Yes, when 3 users flag a post, it becomes hidden. It’s a result of the community policing itself.

4 Likes

As a first time Elektron owner I am torn.
This is a marvelous bit of kit, I love the sound and it’s deep.
But I do feel let down that the Digitakt looks sidelined in favour of MK2 releases and new OT firmware.
I feel like they rushed the Digitakt out so they could get a lot of preorders before MK2 series were announced.
The initial rush of OS patches and communication that just stopped once MK2 series were announced is disappointing. I paid $1000 AUD to beta test really.

I want a Digitakt, but I want a Digitakt with OB and sample management, also what about the hints at a master compressor or something else from Cenk, doubt we will see anything within a year at this rate.

I am thinking it might be best to sell mine on for now and revisit the Digitakt in a year or two. With the HW failures recently and no song backup or sample backup makes it hard to use this as the brain of a studio as I intended. Don’t want to be recording all my stuff to Digitakt then if it had LED problem or some other issue, have to send it away for a repair and lose all my work.

I have learnt a good lesson though, don’t pre order Elektron gear! So I guess there is that :sob::grin:

1 Like

apparently there’s a planned update by the end of the year.

just an fyi before you decide to sell.

Noooooooo! Don’t sell. Hold off for a bit. :slight_smile:

PS: I’m annoyed too that Elektron has seemingly stretched itself too thin.

1 Like

I would sell rather than wait. In fact, that’s what I did. Much happier for it.

The DT I did own worked fine for me. I think I had one crash in all the time I used it, but I know I’m a “simple” use case and I’d run into bother as I grew with the machine. Plus the build quality pissed me off (dodgy buttons not acceptable).

So why sit on something I wasn’t happy with? Off it went and I used the cash elsewhere. Life’s too short for fannying about when things aren’t working right.

1 Like

I’m on the fence about selling mine for an OT. I’ll wait until the end of the year in hopes for a nice update and Overbridge.

I feel the same thing about Analog Heat and Analog Keys. Was it released too soon?

1. Analog Heat won´t work via OB with OS 10.9 (maverick). In the ad for the product it says nothing about any limitation regarding OS 10.9.

2. Analog Keys is pre-mature via OB. The pitch stick doesn´t work, and I can´t use the editor automation. It will crash to desktop. (OS 10.9 and still no documented limitations)

So my wild guess, why is this happening?

Elektron is a brilliant but small company, sensitive and very dependent on the cash flow. So with all this in mind, I think they have to release products as quick as possible. And the result will be bugs all over. Also, they lack manpower to work out the bugs. The top priority is to create new products. The goal is to sell, to grow so that you can hire more qualified people taking care of things.

How long will it take before we (the fans) get tired about this policy? Still I love the company and my AR mk I, AK & AH. But please don´t give us promises you can´t hold. If you say there will be an update in December then you have to stick to the plan. Or come up with any form of explanation. I believe we are patient fans… if we know what is going on.

Tomas

3 Likes

This is my worry, I feel when we do get OB for DT it will be bug ridden and may be months if not longer before the bugs are ironed out.
A few octatrack MK1’s in my area for nearly the same price as my DT so thinking of swapping out or just going in another direction entirely

2 Likes

OT mk1’s running 1.25H are pretty flippin stable, FWIW…

2 Likes

:santa:

Shame on you Elektron! Greedy gringos!
Thanks for the video by the way.

And for the feedback, it’s much appreciated.

Love
Coco

strong textLet’s Digitalk!
First off… I’m a fan of Elektron. but I’m a bigger fan of music and performing live, and making music.
I love to just focus on creating as most of people are in this amazing forum.
I really appreciate hard metal chassis on the digitakt. It’s advertised that the buttons can take 50 millions presses. They didn’t tell us anything about the 50 000 crashes and freezes we are all experiencing. It’s sturdiness is a great feature but that is were it stops. Because in it’s current state os1.04 It’s not reliable and it lacks stability. I can’t use this for live performing. It is fucking up my workflow. This means that it’s value has dropped at the same time it makes this machine an extremely expensive and unreliable hardware and not a very good investment. Because you just can’t trust the DT right now in it’s current form. I don’t like to waste my time, and I don’t like to waste anyone’s time either.

This is not like Elektron. But it is very much like a company that is under pressure because they want to expand. I think they have rushed it and now they can’t keep up with their own expectations.
So much that they stopped selling digitakt in their website. Out of stock means that “we don’t want to sell these machines right now because we don’t really know whats wrong with them!?!?”
Firmware update is long overdue and nowhere to be seen. Overbridge is coming this feb and it’s for free. That’s great, but what’s the point if we don’t have reliable working machine?

It wont stop anyone from creating music, but it does bring up questions of legitimacy of the DT and Elektron machines in general when they boost claims like “beatmaking power house”, “DT is a formidable drum machine and sampler. With an astounding feature set and an exquisite digital sound engine, the stage is set for a striking encounter”
Elektron has a burden of proof to bear.

__Cheers! _

Coco_

3 Likes