Was it released too soon ? [compilation topic]

Still not online… At first i thought the same, but now 1.03 is out… so where is that video?

I’m always concerned about a companies profiit. If they have none, then they can’t put out any products at all. If they feel like they can release something and make money so they can keep making and supporting products, then they probably should do that. It’s their call on the risk and time will tell if this is risky or not. Speculating about it a few weeks into a product release is folly.

Maybe they should give early adopters (aka beta testers) a free copy of OB premium when it’s released as a gesture of goodwill. Anyone that has bought Digitakt before a more stable release should be included. (Which includes me as of today haha)

2 Likes

Elektron is a business after all, profits is everything to STAY in business. If there were no profits, then the Digitakt would remain in its 1.00 state. Don’t tell me you think employees of Elektron do their job for free.

That’s because the OT software still isn’t finished. :grin:

(runs and hides from the forthcoming flak…before people learn I still own 2 OTs)

4 Likes

Of course they need profits. I just said I’m not very concerned about their profits, I’m more concerned about how they treat their customers.

Elektron is not a charity that needs help, they are in it to make money and they are not doing too bad: http://www.emfas.se/foretag/elektron-music-machines-mav-ab/göteborg/grossister/12448121-1/

1 Like

Dude, not being able to use the unit isnt a bug, Its bad buissness. It froze so often so easily with so many, it had to of been known.

Left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. I could see if Elektron was a cousin or brother, its a buissness. I give you money = you give me what i pay for (.) They racked in the Dough to help with funds or whatever, cause it was clearly known how Unstable this “cool little box” was.

EXACTLY!!! Haha. I dont understand people on here LOL!

Im trying to do alot of things, I need profit! Whats up!! Ill send you my account info, lol

This is a very plausible idea

At the of the day people have bought a product that doesn’t work 100% as advertised. People do have a right to be vocal.
Basic consumer rights and all that

2 Likes

Yeah unless you are playing at one of those World Championship Gaming Playoffs. Ever seen those? it’s hilarious
Man you are talking a problem of DT crashing rockin out in front of 100,000 people?
That’s nothing, those nerd conventions have multi millions of people watching both at the event and online, it’s bizarre.
A game crash here could mean civilisation as we know it sucked into a virtual black hole :ecstatic:

Tss,.,. Those playoffs are complete pre-rendered… :scream:

Phew…that’s a relief :ecstatic:

Maybe a little too early? not really sure though, it depends how long it takes for the next few updates to come and how stable it is after those to me… right now it is quite stable as long as you jump shortcut save, but obviously that should be working. Would I take it out to play a live performance today? I guess I would a crash most certainly wouldn’t be the end of the world to me live as it seems like some people think it would be but obviously not ideal but I wouldn’t expect a crash considering the number of multi-hours sessions I have done now with no problems. Personally I prefer to get it earlier and work on stuff so that when it is stable I actually have a body of work to use it with, I feel like people are maybe ahead of there game a bit considering I doubt anyone has a really strong full set made with it yet other than maybe cenk. Even then we are all still scratching the surface of what someone who has used it for years will do who is attuned with every feature and function, making work specifically for digitakt, even if it is similar to other elektron gear and if it is the easiest elektron machine.

On topic why not do a poll.

Elektron can add in more functionalities than users expect so as to win back some customers.

Different users have different thresholds and use cases so no two experiences are the same.

Being the latest release, more attention is now on Digitakt. It is up to the company to play ball and make good on its delivery.

Say any idea when to expect an OS update after 1.03?

Ok,
so elektron is sh.t…ing out one product after the other…
great.
Meanwhile…
1.0.3 is unfinished business and I am afraid it will take another 3 or 4 updates before this thing is a real product…
Not to speak about overbridge…
I can’t say I am too happy of the way elektron runs this…
It does not put them in the best light…

meh…

I don’t understand, how is it that yours is stable while others are not. We have to assume they were all manufactured in the same batch? Do you use the MIDI channels, that seems to be a big source of the instability that is reported?

there are so many different usage situations that it is hard to predict when something goes wrong and crashes…
I had it running for days without problems, today I imported some samples from the desktop, some wave files and it went ok, loding the samples in the project, freeze number one.
restart, it did not come up,
second restart went well, but an older project was loaded…
loading the newer project went well butwith the next save, I still use the shortcut it froze again…
I am a bit unwilling to accept that the DT does not handle every action in a stable manner…
I consder this unacceptable…
In the same session I had two more freezes, before that and after that it is stable again…
I really don’t understand it …
Pressing a button while it is saving is also not the best idea… = freeze
All of that should not happen…

2 Likes

I’m still getting pretty regular crashes on 1.3. There doesn’t seem to be a single cause, and it will often run for hours without a problem.
I think this is acceptable at this early stage of release, but I wouldn’t say so if it’s still like this in six months…

2 Likes

well, if you’ve purchased other elektron products you’d realize there are often plenty of bugs (e.g. octatrack) and it usually takes at least a year for many of those bugs to be quashed.

it’d be a much more worthwhile endeavor to simply submit your bug complaints to elektron via their support line…it most likely won’t be fixed any time soon, but it’d probably go further than this post.

as for the constant crashes, i use it heavily with midi and have only had it crash a handful of times since the last update, so not sure what you’re doing that’s causing it to crash constantly. maybe you haven’t updated to the most recent os?

edit: i suppose someone flagged the post i was responding to?