Ween

Can’t wait to pray to Boognish at the LA Greek this summer! Any ‘nauts in attendance?

1 Like

Little interview with Dean Ween.

5 Likes

I saw Ween at the tiny Berkeley Square in 93 as a youngin’ on the Pure Guava tour. I had just been introduced to them by co workers and I was immediately intrigued, confused and fascinated, leading to a deep dive of the Pod and GWS. Didn’t really know what to expect seeing them live but those two dudes with a drum machine and some guitars blew me away and completely altered how I perceived songwriting, guitar playing and live performance. By far the most paradigm shifting live show I’ve ever seen. Became a fan for life.

7 Likes

I’d love to hear any thoughts you may still retain about that experience!

2 Likes

Going to see Ween tonight with my wife who has never seen them live.

She has no idea how cool of a show she’s about to attend

11 Likes

Ah geez. I’m super jealous, and excited for you at the same time.

Famous last words!

1 Like

Ween played in my neighborhood last night.
Couldn’t make it tho.
I’m assuming they are in Austin or something tonight?

1 Like
1 Like

I was there at WOMH. I think they’re in Argentina next.

1 Like

Did she love it, or are you guys getting divorced?

2 Likes

Ha! One of my favorites. I think that’s my favorite of their albums too.

1 Like

I had never seen this video, but it’s exactly what I imagined the video to this song would be. Kebab shop owners confused by this impossible to comprehend, winged-thing with a dwarf inside of it. :joy:

I WAS SURPRISED WHEN I TOUCHED THE DWARF INSIIIIIDE

Gorgeous, never seen this either. Seems you were touched by The Mollusk as much as I was. Never had such ridiculous music touch my soul like this. So many memories of my life listening to Ween, somehow they framed everything going on with their madness.

3 Likes

ha ha she had a really good time. They were all about business… no encore, but cool show for old people with shit to do. started at 7pm and over by about 940, but it stayed 420 by most clocks that I saw

4 Likes

Yeah, same here. Like, different Ween albums lining up with different points in my life. It’s so hard to pick favorites because of this. The Mollusk is amazing. The one that has the biggest spot in my heart is probably Chocolate and Cheese. AGain, it’s too hard to pick favorites, but probably has more to with memories they are tied to, and/or reference points in my life. Quebec is another one that has a special place for me.

4 Likes