Ween

I love this video.

9 Likes
7 Likes

The Mollusk video is so brilliant

5 Likes

My very favorite non shock value Ween song has to be Exactly Where Iā€™m At. Love the meta-ish lyrics before it was even a ting.

5 Likes

Funny, I havenā€™t listened to Ween for a very long time. Hearing all these songs again reminds me how Absolutley brilliant they were, simultaneously silly and outstanding song writers. Iā€™d defiantly class them as a psychdelic band, but only because I listened to Ween while tripping quite a bit when I was younger. Skating across town at night, with no one around, just Ween in the head phones.

Ween are still brilliant.

7 Likes

That walking barefoot on the beach with guitar bridge is ace!

Also, I love how they actually rented a house down the Jersey shore in the winter to write and record The Mollusk. They are truly method musicians!

3 Likes

Several months ago my friend introduced me to their music. Never heard it before, quite an obscure and underrated band nowadays. The songs I heard had some very subtle musical jokes and mixture of styles. And havenā€™t started analyzing the lyrics yet, there should be definitely a lot of mindf@ck :smiley:
Not sure if this comparison is appropriate, for me they are like Beck done right and on totally different level.

And just have a look at the used vinyl prices :scream: Shame that nobody re-releases themā€¦ Correction, Mollusk was reissued in 2021, but the prices are ridiculous still

2 Likes

I actually think they were somehow more obscure and underrated maybe 10 years ago or sometime after The Mollusk was released + Ocean Man being used in that car commercial and whenever before that when Phish covered Roses Are For Free from what I understand is what made them the most money in their long career. Nearly every forum Iā€™m on in recent years, most which have nothing to do about music, has a very popular Ween thread which is surprisingly delightful. Anyways, what Iā€™m trying to say is that they seem to be having some slow growing resurgence and I wouldnā€™t be surprised to hear their songs in some Netflix show or two sometime soon only to be discovered and adored by gen-z thusly renewing my faith in humanity.

3 Likes

Interesting, thanks! (And Iā€™m really not sure if 10 years ago Iā€™d appreciate them)

2 Likes

No reason to force it. Like jazz, Ween will consume most of us eventuallyā€¦

3 Likes

Truth.

2 Likes

Shit, Iā€™ve ran out of hearts for the day. Has that always been a thing?
Mark my words, Iā€™ll be back!ā€™
7h867e

4 Likes

Iā€™ll look for the link but the Gener in an interview said Whereā€™d The Cheese Go was a jingle for one of the big pizza franchises that was ultimately not used.

Ocean Man was used for a car commercial.

Iā€™m so glad they got back together. Iā€™m hoping the Deanerā€™s life is back on track.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah I think that was the link I posted in my post.

3 Likes

I can only imagine a world where Ween is playing repeatedly on TV. Again and again and againā€¦

Why canā€™t we have nice things?

BTW: anyone here ever go fishing with Gene?

3 Likes

Buenos
Tardes
Amigoā€¦

4 Likes

Hot damn, I love Ween. The joy of music personified. Looking forward to seeing them in MN and WI this September!

If you think Whereā€™d the Cheese Go? is fun, peep this live version: Where'd The Cheese Go? (Live) - YouTube

3 Likes
1 Like

See this is where itā€™s at, this is the party we all need right now. Beautiful sounds, some dancing, some not-dancing, I think thatā€™s a Prophet 5 on the left.

3 Likes