Weird hiccups with tempo/pitch using Overbridge

Been having issues trying to record my Digitakt using Overbridge. Audio is fine for the most part, but sometimes there will be a strange hiccup sound and then the tempo and pitch of the Digitakt’s audio will shift. This usually happens when I do something computer intensive in Ableton while the Digitakt is running.

Example below:

Sometimes it’s much worse than this (it’ll straight up sound like a wonked out turntable with a bum motor). Any idea what could be causing this? I’m not tempo slaving the Digitakt to Ableton or vice versa. Pretty much just feeding audio in via the Overbridge plugin and sequencing a few soft synths. I’m guessing this doesn’t have anything to do with settings and is more Overbridge/Ableton spazzing out. It might help if I bump the buffer size on each to 512, but then things sound out of sync :man_shrugging:

yea i’ve had this too. others here have also reported it. as far as i know, there’s nothing we can do to stop it from happening, just have to wait for them to either fix the issue (they know about it) or give us some workaround :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have this too. I changed by audio interface settings to 48 from 44.1, which helped a little but it still does it.

I think it’s to do with buffer size being big/high … I think i read they’re very aware of it and are working on it. It’s been brought up on various other threads.

Yep, I’ve had this too, and setting buffers to 64 helped my setup. I have a fairly low spec machine, core I5 at 2.4ghz.

Basically try using settings like you have a high spec machine.

Best regards,

Gino

What did you set the buffer to in your DAW? If I go lower than 256 in Ableton my laptop has a very bad time, but i’ll try setting the Overbridge engine to 64. Thanks.

I was away from my computer for a while, but back now…

Here are my settings for OB Engine, OB Control Panel, and my DAW (FL Studio)

Best regards,

Gino

1 Like

Same issue here, have any other users spotted a fix to this issue? Shame that my Digitakt suffers from this Overbridge issue and my Digitone has the lagging parameter issue in Overbridge so I’m 0/2 on being able to use Overbridge and seemingly no comments from Elektron.

There is a new version of OB and new OS’s for every OB devices.

I’m using the latest OB and OS for each device