Well, did it need to be said?

I feel like I’m totally missing out here.

A guy shows up to make a post. Literally everyone
has a go at him. And the mods pin it, to make sure it’s really fair game to just keep bashing him.

I’m getting old and soft, aren’t I? Since I don’t get it.

11 Likes

No one is being mean to him in any sense. It’s quite the opposite really.
The OP post was absolutely hilarious and ppl are responding to it accordingly.

Edit: you said “LITERALLY everyone is bashing him”

This kind on obvious dishonesty is v annoying and weird. Why do you think the ppl replying to the OP mean any of it as bashing and it’s definitely not the case that literally (like you stated) everyone on the forum has replied to his post.

If you want to show empathy, why not base it on facts rather than to assumptions and dishonesty?

7 Likes

Well… you’re right in some way.

I don’t know, OP even said it themselves that they were intoxicated. Me and my friends always have good fun whenever any of us is babbling silly brain fog thoughts.

But yeah, up for debate if this kind of atmosphere really comes across like that here via text.

I would hope that Buad would see the good natured tone of our Buad Bants

8 Likes

Buad is not “a guy.” Buad is the Buad.

2 Likes

The Buad abides.

5 Likes

And you know that he agrees with this for a fact?

Or are we just assuming that a fellow who makes this kind of post, understands that it’ll be received this way and he’s all in on it?

I’m sorry if I’m spoiling the fun for you all, but especially some voices in this thread tend to show up and have a go at anyone who has even a remotely differing opinion from theirs when it comes to matters of social equivalence or rights, and now they freely take a swing at this person and even pins him for everyone to see and chime in, without the slightest sign of consideration that he might not enjoy this at all.

Sure, you’re on the internet, you’re fair game, it’s the way of the world. Still, when even the mods show up and just thrash this post for the fun of it, I wonder why this is okay when sometimes, it’s not.

Because we assume we get this guy, or because we know?

7 Likes

Who’s having a go tho?

If I ever have so many beers before posting here that I start talking in Shakespearian id be disappointed if you didn’t lionise me for it.

More than that, I think you’re spoiling the fun for Buad.

Ironically it’s this line of questioning that’s brought a dark shadow on the thread, not anything anyone’s actually said.

2 Likes

@Buad, if you’re uncomfortable with how the thread has played out, you can PM @AdamJay and ask him to close it, no fuss.

@AdamJay, might be an idea to PM them yourself just to make sure all is well.

22 Likes

The only hints we have of Buad’s views on the whole matter are the posts they liked right afterwards the opening post, before going silent. It’s only hints though, just stating the facts (?)

But yeah, for now we can just guess how Buad’s really feeling about the whole thing.

Buad’s post has been celebrated in the most loving and admiring manner I’ve ever seen anything before online and you call it bashing. I don’t get it.

If you go online after drank snoke, cough, and write the best thing the forum has ever seen, it’s only to be expected that it will resonate and be pedestalized.

11 Likes

I did say I don’t get it. So I’m very okay with being wrong here.

35 Likes

Cool

1 Like

8 Likes

off topic (as much as possible on this thread), the JWST images are blowing my mind!!!
I put them on the tv and it’s insane thing to watch in full resolution with some chill music, amazing stuff.

5 Likes

I spent an hour writing and recording Buad a song….!! I haven’t even done that for my partner…

10 Likes

I’ve found that material so inspirational - I really need to get back to scoring to it - posting a link as subtly as possible as to avoid shameless self promotion

All bask in Buad’s creation

2 Likes

The Buad can count to infinity . . . twice.

2 Likes

this is great! you know that NASA is doing it with JWST data as well?

also they have very cool recordings from mars, for example the Perseverance Rover

lots of other cool sample worthy stuff on their SoundCloud!

7 Likes