What are the odds

Hi guys , just wondering what the odds are for elektron to bring out an analog rytm mark 2 ?

I’m about to buy the analog rytm but a few years ago I purchased a machinedrum (mk1) and literally a few weeks later out of the blue there was a mk 2 model

it was a bit of a bummer :slight_smile:

cheers n beers

Pretty much zero in the near future, I’d say.

Can it happen somewhere down the line? Yeah, I guess…

Should you worry about it? No, as the Rytm is great as is.

2 Likes

None. Jump and have fun.

3 Likes

As of the current date elektron have made 7 items and have only made mk2s of 2 of them. 3 of 8 if you count UW separately. They haven’t even made an OT2 which has been requested for years. The odds are in your favor. Buy now

3 Likes

i dont think they will ever do it again with the remaining boxes in production… just a guess tho

people have been wanting a OTmk2 and I think the requests have been consistently and publicly denied… when it comes to the analog boxes i wouldnt see a need for a mk2 - they stand alone pretty easily, so why not just make a whole new box that does something else

1 Like

cheers chaps , just went out and bought one :slight_smile: well , paid online , fingers crossed it arrives for the wknd , well excited ehehe

2 Likes

Good stuff! You’ll love it.

You’re probably more likely to get another OS update that adds awesome new capability.

All the new machines we got earlier in the year was like having a Mk2. Christmas and birthdays in one simple download.

1 Like

So, it looks like that new elektron box was revealed. AR mk2. Sorry, mate

2 Likes

LOL, don’t say that! Remember, the new box does NOT interfere with the existing product line up.:diddly:

2 Likes

You’re right. To the OP, he’s right. I was just being a jerk for attempted comedic measure

1 Like

I did laugh…

1 Like

Thank you! That helps balance out my jerk/funny introspection!

1 Like

funny guy hahah, well I recieved my rytm today , lovely looking machine , shame the supplier has mixed my box up with an octatrack psu grrrrr!

1 Like

What happened?!

unit i picked up was a floor model , thought I’d do my self a favour and save some pennies , they mixed up the psu’s in store , they being cool with me though and sending a new one out asap , its not a big pain , i been wanting one of these units for a couple of years now and next week will be ok i guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

the rytm turns on n all but you get no sound , was lucky to find some threads on here about which put my mind to ease , could have spent days trying to suss it out or could have ended up sending the unit back as broken , fingers crossed now the unit is actually ok ?

the odds are looking quite good now lol , sorry to bump this thread ehehehe

1 Like

I was just thinking this too…