What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

2 Likes

I don’t know what people see in Yellowstone. I turned it on for 10mins today and couldn’t get through that corporate lawyer berating that energy company CEO. Awful. Guess I’ll go back to finishing Battlestar Gallatica. Now that’s some TV!

1 Like

Lots of anime and old movies and shows.

Lost. (Yeah. I’m late. I know.)

3 Likes

I’d love to be able to watch Lost fresh again. I absolutely loved/love it. I must’ve rewatched it six or seven times at least. Truly amazing TV!

Also, I’m making my way through The Rings of Power for the second time. I genuinely love it.

1 Like

I can see why. So well made. On season 2. The end-of-episode cliff-hangers seem to pop up out of nowhere.

1 Like

Top 3 Shows All-time for me:

1. The OA
    2a) Lost
    2b) Dark

Warrior on HBO Max is the only non-anime on my watch rotation at the moment.

Chainsaw Man - A bit fan servicey but a good old fashioned devil huntin show with lots of splattery gore

Bocchi The Rock - Very shy, socially anxious guitar virtuoso fails to start a band, gets dragged into a band anyway. One of the more creative anime comedies, utilizing real puppets, some claymation, superimposition of animated characters on real photos, etc. Also one of the best rock band anime made so far.

Gundam Witch From Mercury - Gundam of course is the iconic mecha franchise that’s been ongoing since the 1970s. This latest installation downplays the “war is hell” theme that Gundam has been known for, focusing more on non-lethal mecha duels between high school students… until the last couple of episode anyway, when the real killing starts.

Spy x Family - Super smart dog joins the family. Still cute and fun.

Little Lies We Tell - Like the above show, this one also has a mind-reading girl. This one quickly learns one of her innocuous friends at her all-girl school is really an alien, and another is a an ex-ninja who fights off assassination attempts by her former ninja clan. She can’t figure out the 3rd one, because she can only read the minds of females (hint!). It’s the kind of bizarre comedy I like sometimes. The alien girl’s UFO is stuck at the top of their school building, which nobody seems to notice.

Land of Leadale - Sick girl in hospital passes out, wakes up in the fantasy video game world she’d been playing, has cute and hilarious encounters with her “children” (NPCs she created in the game) who have grown up to be the head priest, guild leader, ie. Very Important People. I think that’s what it’s about. So far, just a relaxing nightcap show.

3 Likes

So good!

1 Like

Almost finished with Power. Will start Power, Book 2 next.

The Rings of Power > HOTD for me.

After that rewatched the 4 seasons of Spartacus. Got the blu-rays with extended episodes (extra nudity/violence of course). Some of the earlier CGI looks dated but it stands up in the characters, scheming & backstabbing departments.

Just finished Gangs of London. S1 was a belter especially that episode Gareth Evans directed. S2 less good, but still worth the time with one or two episodes matching up to S1.

Currently reading the graphic novels of The Boys - great series and even better books

And finally, just started the Wire. People still say its the best TV series made so far.

1 Like

It’s goooood! Not quite Breaking Bad good for me. Sopranos is up there too. As well as Lost.

1 Like

The Wire is superb. From the same creative team, with a very different flavor, is Tremé. That’s the name of a New Orleans neighborhood, and the show is about the intertwined lives of a bunch of people in post-Katrina New Orleans.

It’s FULL of music.

5 Likes

Also, I suppose this is obvious, but if you liked Breaking Bad, you will also probably like Better Call Saul, which is a prequel to Breaking Bad and features several of the same main characters.

2 Likes

Yep, also loved it. I think I preferred BB overall and the intense last season. But both are excellent :ok_hand:

Bleach the Thousand Year Blood War
Chainsaw Man
The 86

2 Likes

As much as I liked the Wire I think that Homicide: Life on the Streets was the best series based on the writing of David Simons.

Not entirely surprising that I enjoy this as I did my bootleg VHS dubs as a kid, everyone seems to love it!

Just finished 1899. It is a great Series, I love it. This Series was made by the same people who did Dark. You’ve got to watch the making of too, the technologies they’ve used is astounding.

big comic & Gart Ennis fan here !

if you haven’t read them yet i can hardly recommend “Preacher” & especially his “Punisher Max” run !

1 Like