What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

Attack Magazine receive in the newsletter today…
The subject is controversial so I share without launching a controversial debate

i may share in the chat room in the next DJs and Beers as they discuss a lot of this subject every Thursday

DJs and Beers

every Thursday
You can find Dj and Beers on Truncate facebook

or on Chris Liebing Youtube channel

What a crappy article from attack… although of course partys like that are dangerous. But using BLM as an argument in conjunction with that music from black producers is being played? Sorry… this is pure clickbait to get more readers.

1 Like

Yes @PekeDorty that’s the blockquote i didn’t like myself as well :wink:

But have you heard about the show DJs and Beers, it’s cool, usually a great moment as they invite a lot of guests… if you like house, techno music genre of course…

1 Like

Will look into that!

1 Like

Been binging on a lot of Simpsons. The seasons with Conan as a writer are so good.

2 Likes

Movies :
I wait for Tenet… (but critics seem not fine)

For sure the M. Night Shyamalan trilogy (unbreakable, split, glass)
Green Book
Shape of Water

(nothing blow me in terms of Movies but i watch these ones)
Ava
The Rhythm Section
Old Guard
The Might Clerk
Spenser Confidential
The Way Back

TV Shows :
i wait to see this one so every episodes before i recommend for sure :
Peaky Blinders (Season 6)
January 2022 because of the Covid and even not sure of this date

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Later this fall)
The Boys (Season 2) awesome
A Discovery of Witches (Season 2)
Warrior (Season 2) very cool from the banshee guys
Banshee (every season) it’s an awesome show
Absentia (Season 3) available but i don’t start for now
Killing Eve (Season 3) available but i don’t start for now
The Outsider (Season 2) stephen king yeah you know
Devs (Season 2)
The Witcher (Season 2) i hope the second one will get better
Defending Jacob (season 2)
Mrs Fletcher (season 2) the actress is amazing, i really love this show
Carnival Row
The Enemy within (too bad it’s cancelled)
Hanna (very good first season but but can stop there)

Elektronauts.

6 Likes

I drained narcos and right after that narcos mexico. I was totally addicted to that show.
the magicians was alright. doom patrol just sucks @ss imo. what was really cool and different was the man in the high castle.

Just my 2 penneth. I saw it at the IMAX on Thursday and while it was amazing to be back in the cinema and visually it’s a treat, for me it is just trying too hard to be clever. Ludwig Goransson’s soundtrack and sound design is a proper sensory experience, but unfortunately, again for me, that was the highlight, but opinions are like assholes, YMMV.

1 Like

The Last Kingdom

Episodes

I don’t watch much tv these days. I sneak in a baseball game now when I can, now that they are actually playing, and if my son will relinquish control of the tv. Other than that, the only thing I’ve gotten into in the past few months is Rick and Morty. I catch re-runs on Adult Swim, so I’m not really watching sequentially (not that it matters to me at least). I usually just record them and watch at my leisure, since they come on when should be going to bed.

Last Chance U baby

Buncha Quay Brothers shorts on Criterion
Dorohedoro
The Midnight Gospel

…clearly I got a thing for surreal animation

craigslist

2 Likes

Need to change career path due to current circumstances and considering to work from home. What class should I enroll in since I have no tech oriented CV.

Just finished The Umbrella Academy season 2. I enjoyed it a lot, it was much better than season 1 imo (the characters seem better written, somehow), a good mixture of humour and action, all a bit silly but fun

2 Likes

The X files and the Simpsons. Reliving my 90’s childhood haha

3 Likes

5 is so good. He made the Series.

1 Like

Depends on what tech career path you want to explore:

Coding (creating software)
Database administration
DevOps (the people who deploy new software releases and do a lot of the work around that)
Data Science
QA/testing (used to be just people who try to find issues with apps by manual testing, but now more of them code automated test scripts)
Information Security
…lots more paths…

1 Like

to honest, I don’t know much about the industry…I know I need to act fast and would prefer a gig where there are more vacancies…I plan on upgrading once I have hands on understanding.