What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

I got myself hooked on Le Bureau Des Légendes. For the first maybe five episodes I didn’t get what all the fuss was about but I think now I’m properly hooked. Great soundtrack too. I was a huge fan of Rob and his first two albums in the early 2000s.

1 Like

I’m probably not the best for giving career advice, but if I were you I would look at job postings in my area, using places like LinkedIn, and try to get a rough count of what skills are most in demand, based on the job postings.

In my area, everybody and their grandma and grandpa in the tech industry wants to hire somebody with AWS experience. Typescript and Angular also appear to be in demand here.

That might not be the case in you area.

1 Like

Good idea…should have thought of that …appreciate. Thank you.

1 Like

Currently it’s all anime:

Banana Fish - Quirky crime thriller
Creamy Mami - Classic 80s magical girl show. She has a magical invisible backing track player and PA to boot.
Glass Mask - Poor girl’s rise to acting greatness
Sound! Euphonium - High school band drama. Actually a rewatch - just wanted to savor that Kyoto Animation quality again
Wagnaria - Wacky restaurant sitcom

Empire
Moesha
The Game

(All are TV series)

:v:

Fantasy Island
Barney Miller
Hill Street Blues
I’m trying to time travel. This year is crap for reality.

2 Likes

Another thing i’ve been getting into is I Am Jemboy’s hiphop meets anime/videogame mashups. Something about the Lil Kim one cracks me up - I guess it’s the relentless childish flute/calliope riff accompanying “he’s a slut, he’s a ho, he’s a freak, got a different girl every day of the week”

I smashed out all 9 seasons of GOT haha. God damn, was a great watch.

Half way through Westworld at the moment which is ok.

I really enjoyed Devs a few months back.

This new Ridley Scott show looks interesting, Raised by Wolves. Starts soon.

Haha total binge year. I’ve been smashing the games also.

My newest obsession is Dark, such an extraordinarily complex storyline with excellent casting, cinematography and soundtrack. Two more episodes left of the final season and already want to start it again.
Dark and the other shows I’ve recently watched (Outlander, Umbrella Academy) all have some narrative connection to time travel, not sure why.

2 Likes

Eastbound and Down
True Detective
Curb Your Enthusiasm

1 Like

i’ve done DS9 + STTNG, currently going through Voyager.
The Boys (in preparation for the second series)
The Bridge
Gangs of London
Watchmen - possibly the best tv series I have ever seen (Twin Peaks was my previous favourite)

One of my friends turned me on this YT channel. The enthusiasm of these boys (sometimes it’s 1, sometimes its 2) for seemingly every track they listen to, is so infectious. They even check out K-pop and pop from… I’m not sure what country… Kazakhstan?

They sure love Queen:

And Dio:

…lovin that electric sitar solo

Anyone check out Raised by Wolves? I just hit the first 3 episodes. It’s pretty great, feels like something going on in the Prometheus universe. Lots of wow moments, keeps you on your toes. Who’d have ever thought TV would get so good. It’s like 1 good movie every 5 years vs amazing TV all year these days

2 Likes

Old Star Trek episodes from the original series since I have been working at home for a while now due to COVID. Realizing how talented the actors were in that series and how advanced topics of life came up in that first trek series. TV these days has been dumbed down and PC police ruined it.

2 Likes

Randomly came across the trailer and was instantly impressed.
And then regretted seeing that the trailer most likely gives a lot away!

1 Like

yeah that @mattleaf was for a few years with a lot of great tv-shows but i’m seeing a very clear downtrend. Given the success of the shows, not very nice mechanisms from the channels and producers have been put in place. The rhythm, the pilot, the cliffhangers, the ideas, the scenarios … are less and less good… and disrespect the watchers. A lot of great tv shows cancelled without a real end. This is often you have a cool idea on the pilote (the first episode) and then the rhythm became more slow, you have a great season finale. So you start to think hey maybe the second season will be nice. But you actually think you loose your time on the first one… things like that are frequently.

:confused: too bad because i like tv shows and also find by the past they were more creative than movies those last years

1 Like

45f37aea-1e20-4d01-81e5-7fed99f3fa12.SX960

The Boys season 2 available on Amazon Prime.
episode 1, 2 and 3 now

2 Likes

I thought it was pretty revealy also, but have to say I was pretty gobsmacked through the whole first episode :slight_smile:

1 Like

US Open. Tennis. Lots of upsets & long 5/3-set matches this year. No fans in the stadium so you can hear players clearly. Good sample fodder to replace those woos, ahhs, yeahs, & grunts in the Korg/Roland romplers.

1 Like

I’ve been busy catching up on somewhat recent (and some not so recent) films:

Watched:

• Midsommar - The Wicker Man with a twist
  • The Lighthouse - Don’t badmouth the lighthouse master’s lobster dinner
  • Mandy - Nicolas Cage
  • Blood Machines - short film; extended Carpenter Brut music video
  • Jojo Rabbit
  • Nightcrawler
  • Whiplash
  • Flatliners - The 1990 one with Keifer Sutherland

Next up: