What are you reading right now/have you read lately?

1 Like

That sounds very promising. I give it a shot.

1 Like

Currently reading:

The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub

Fairy tale by Stephen King

Red dragon by Thomas Harris

No country for old men by Cormac McCarthy

3 Likes

Er yea I may have to pick up a copy of that one

1 Like

Godspeed, cousin :expressionless:

1 Like

Rereading The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes.

1 Like

This is an interesting, light read

1 Like

I could not finish half of Fairy Tale. Definitely not Stephen king at his peak.

1 Like

This thread.

1 Like

Yea I’ll have to agree with that, it’s not not necessarily bad but it’s not great. I’m about half way through it but I’ve been pulled towards other books that I’m reading right now more. I’ve been through almost all of Stephen king’s bibliography and I’d say the same thing, not him at his best. I’ll finish it though I rarely start a book that I don’t finish unless it’s just absolute trash

1 Like

I’m reading The Talisman as well after I saw Peter Straub’s obituary a while ago. Enjoying it so far, has its own atmosphere

1 Like

If you like House of Leaves you should check out Piranesi by Susanna Clarke. Piranesi by Susanna Clarke | Goodreads

6 Likes

Nice, i check it.

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe - Douglas Adams (bedtime (re)reading)

Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess - Fischer / Margulies / Mosenfelder (chess is my current fixation)

The Incal - Jodorowsky / Moebius (graphic novel)

The Trial - Franz Kafka (I traveled for work last week, and took this one along to read. It’s smaller than the HHGTTG omnibus thing)

2 Likes

Yea I’m enjoying it as well. I finished the Dark tower series last year and was very happen to (sort of) get back into that world

1 Like

Yes, from memory it focuses on the visual aspects of Kraftwerk?

I have yet to read a really great, deeply insightful book on Kraftwerk. But to be fair, very little is known about Ralf and Florian, so it couldn’t be an easy task. David Buckley’s book is perhaps the best I’ve read so far - it’s a fairly straightforward biography, but nicely written.

Masks of the Illuminati by Robert Anton Wilson

4 Likes

Top 3 book of my last 2 years.
Another book I thoroughly enjoyed was Song of Achilles.

2 Likes

Song of Achilles is on my to-read list this year. I loved Circe.

2 Likes

We’re listening to the Song of Achilles now after listening to Circe. Great stuff. The audiobooks have been very good productions, too.

2 Likes