What are you using for recording besides OB?

Hey,

I’m curious about what gear are you using for recording apart from Overbridge? And also if you are satisfied with the results.

I’m not completely satisfied with OB and I’m looking for other possibilities for recording the individual output channels to the computer.

Best,
J.

UAD Apollo Twin Duo - I generally only use OB in the writing phase, when I get down to recording I generally track parts through the UAD.

Personally think that the unison preamp emulations sound great, especially API Vision and Neve 1073 versions, but also UA 610a and b - each has very different characteristics.

also UAD apollo 8 and 16 silverface plus saffire pro 40 used as ADAT into apollo.

great unit, killersound and you can track your synth with UAD plugs in realtime without using a DAW as host.

Allen & Heath Zed R16. Amazing bit of kit.

I have the iD22 from Audient and I’m looking for something else for recording the output channnels from the AR to the computer. Any advice?

I’ve been recording to an JVC VHS Editing deck, to see if I can get some interesting character

I use a poor Alesis Multimix 12 Firewire.
I don’t make use of any preamp level/EQ, to avoid noise.
Sound may not be all warm / perfect, but it’s OK to me so far.
Cheap, 8 yr old, but up to 14 tracks simultaneously !

Fits me OK.

Fireface 400 - Its wonderful. You connect all the devices (both device inputs and outputs) directly to the box and you can route the audio from one device to another and then to another and another and be able to record each stage on an individual track.

How about the new Soundcraft Signature MTK?

In Live 9 I could use the iD22 as the main output for monitoring and the digital mixer as the main input for recording tracks. What do you think ?

I’m using an Apollo twin paired with a Midas 48XL via ADAT. Was contemplating on adding a TL audio VI1 to the set but not sure if it’d be worth it…

Ooh, love that old VHS; is it working?

Ooh, love that old VHS; is it working? [/quote]
So far it’s been working.
Sometimes it wants to keep the tape though.
Right now I’ve just been keeping the same tape in there and recording.
Definitely gives it some subtle character, but I was hoping for more.

Ooh, love that old VHS; is it working? [/quote]
So far it’s been working.
Sometimes it wants to keep the tape though.
Right now I’ve just been keeping the same tape in there and recording.
Definitely gives it some subtle character, but I was hoping for more.

[/quote]
Have you tried out “aging” the tape? Thinking of maybe trying to somehow erode it by scratching it? We need a LoveCrafty on the case…!

My recording setup is 2 synced up Roland vs2480’s. 32 in’s was very appealing 11 years ago when it was time to commit to one. Has not done me wrong since. No OB for me, until these guys kick the bucket.
Besides, I think its keeping me on my toes.
Yeah, on my toes…